Motor to my Mamba X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macovial

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Mamba X ESC (given to me by a friend) and I'm looking for a sensored motor to accompany it. I run mainly 3s batteries and may be going up to 4s in the future.

Would the Hobbywing be a good sensored motor to go with the Mamba X or is it better to buy the Hobbywing combo? Putting this in my Slash 4x4 with upgrades. Would like to do a running wheelie every so often and climb the dirt hills without going too fast initially. Mostly bashing and some local BMX track racing. Anyone with experience, please advise.

- Castle Creations 1512-2650kV sensored is WAYYYYY out of stock and a bit steep on price. (my preferred choice)

- Tekin ProHD 3200kV is a little steep on price.

- Head turning to the Hobbywing XeRun 3660-3200kV sensored motor..because of the price and availability.

Not sure if that works with the castle esc. I had the 3660SL with the max10 sct esc in my stampede for a while. The motor seemed to run a bit hot on 3S with 54/13 gearing. I dropped to 54/12 to try, but before I was able to get out to run again (rain every weekend for a month), I ended up dropping a hobby star 3665 in it and went back to 54/13. Still haven't run it yet. lol!

What did you have in the slash before?

Not sure if that works with the castle esc. I had the 3660SL with the max10 sct esc in my stampede for a while. The motor seemed to run a bit hot on 3S with 54/13 gearing. I dropped to 54/12 to try, but before I was able to get out to run again (rain every weekend for a month), I ended up dropping a hobby star 3665 in it and went back to 54/13. Still haven't run it yet. lol!

What did you have in the slash before?

Had the VXL-3s 3500kv 2-pole and moved it over to a roller. And now I’m trying to upgrade along with the Mamba X. From reading around, the Mamba X is a versatile ESC. I just can’t find a Castle 1512 2650kv motor and would like to try Tekin ProHD 3000kV or the Hobbywing. Hoping to hear from anyone who has already tried it.