Motor and esc help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean p

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Am I able to pair this esc and this motor together? If so how do I connect the wires with heat shrink tubes?

IMG_1246.png

IMG_1247.png

IMG_1248.png

Whatever those bullet connectors are on the motor, you need to solder the femalr bullets of the same size on your ESC.

Don't remove the bullets from the motor, you'll need to find out what size female bullets are needed for the ESC, most motors use 4.0mm bullets but the picture you provided almost looks like 3.5mm bullets, they should provide those specs on the product page.

Don't remove the bullets from the motor, you'll need to find out what size female bullets are needed for the ESC, most motors use 4.0mm bullets but the picture you provided almost looks like 3.5mm bullets, they should provide those specs on the product page.
Ok thanks but I’m confused is there like connectors or what?

You would have to solder bullets on the esc side

If the motor is 3.5mm bullet, use 3.5mm bullet on the esc side,just the opposite one (male vs female, I always get that mixed up)

4mm and 3.5mm won't go together as 4mm is bigger (which can withstand more power)

4mm and 3.5mm bullets are both common. There isn't really a standard.

You would have to solder bullets on the esc side

If the motor is 3.5mm bullet, use 3.5mm bullet on the esc side,just the opposite one (male vs female, I always get that mixed up)
The motor is female 3.5mm and the esc is 4mm. I think

Last edited:
To the actual bullet, probably not, but directly to the wire, yes. That's what I do to my race buggy. Directly solder the wires to the motor tabs.

All that you have to ideally do is use 3.5mm bullets on the ESC side to connect to the 3.5mm bullets on the motor side like these: https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...v6oQOhB0lXAjyvlv43Z9Ct98c-5ESPoBoCVkAQAvD_BwE
View attachment 178397
My esc and motor are different size connectors so don’t get the bullets just solder them both together?

The ESC doesn't have any plugs, it's just wire, so yes you have to solder the bullets on the ESC if you want to go what route.

Unless your talking about a different ESC cause the ESC I see is the Hobbywing V2.1

The ESC doesn't have any plugs, it's just wire, so yes you have to solder the bullets on the ESC if you want to go what route.

Unless your talking about a different ESC cause the ESC I see is the Hobbywing V2.1
Wait wait I’m confused so do or don’t use the bullet if I use the bullet should I have solder the motor or esc because they are two different sizes or do I just solder the wires together bare?