More Everything ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivinggun

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If I wanted to change a 3.3 on a Revo to more Vroom what would the next size up be without changing motor mount? Thanks. Just looking for info

O.S. .21 tm is about the biggest direct fit. it is about 300$ though.

There used to be a few that would fit and some would come with an alternate mount/header, some with a pipe too. Now I only know of the 21TM and 1 ebay engine I don't have the balls to try.
Tecnopower .28: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tecnopower-Traxxas-Engine-28-Picco-Novarossi-LPR-Revo-tMaxx/163876204635

Not sure I'd spend $260 on an engine with composite carb... If it had a metal insert for the neck/throttle slide maybe, but even those have a tendency to be fussy, at least I read the picco28 was.

The 21TM is pretty nice though. Not a "night and day" difference over the 3.3, but definitely an improvement.

Mine with a 21TM and THS low end pipe (when they used to make a low RPM and high RPM pipe):

2019-0815-Revo21TM-Side.jpg

After about 3/4 gallon was through it, I kept ripping the pins out of the gears in the transmission, so I spent the extra $100 and put all RRP steel in it. Haven't had it open since and probably only have 3 gallons through that thing at most. I don't run nitro much anymore, but it's the one I pull off the shelf when the bug bites me as it's always reliable.