more acceleration in corners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenosecarlos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi can someone give me a little advice regarding power in the corners as my buggy dont seem as snappy as others that i have seen at my track i have asked a few there but i know other makes can be different, i race a x1cr hong nor in the uk mainly on worn grass and run 7-7-2 in the diffs now i am thinking of putting 7-10-1 in them do you think this will get the desired affect?and will putting thicker springs in the clutch like 1.1mm help this,i seem to get a bit of understeer at the moment and i have to really slow down just to get tight and i think i need a little more acceleration to drag me round a bit , some of the other buggys are in and out like a wasps i dont think its the engine (sts race 5 port) as it keeps up with my pals s7,your thoughts on this would be very useful.

thanks carl.

just change your clutch/spur gear setup to a lower ratio

Welcome to RCNT.

I would work the clutch/spur as well, also, I agree that changing the diff oil will help.'

id go down a tooth on the clutchbell if u got the option to do that. maybe you dont have as much power as the ones that you see that are more "snapy" than yours. See what engine they are running.

How are your take-offs? If you want to keep your top end, the spur/CB will need to stay. Maybe the shoes/spings could be an option to give it some more "snap".

How are your take-offs? If you want to keep your top end, the spur/CB will need to stay. Maybe the shoes/spings could be an option to give it some more "snap".

cheers chaps but I'm running a 13t cb and like the topend i get thats why i was considering changing the clutch springs and diff oils?
carl.

hmm maybe your just compareing yourself to someone thats running a 400 modified engine? check out when those guys are running.

LOL, he said he keeps up with them, but just wants more out of the corners.

Are your take-offs snappy? What clutch shoes are you running?

he said he keeps up with an S7 and i dont recall an S7 being that fast. man i wish that would save me some cash.. :( haha

bluenosecarlos i guess id go try out some clutch springs sence u already dropped a tooth in the bell. When i ran buggy i had the mugen 1.1 springs. good luck

Back