Money to blow.....advice needed...

• Thread starter Ryan with savage
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan with savage

RCNT Official "Knobhead"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I know this might irritate some but what I am supposed to do?!!! Read on!!

I'm getting a bonus from my work....and its pretty good......I'll see about £3k after taxes etc....what should I spent SOME of it on??? (Seeing as I have a wife and 2 kids, I suppose I ought to be a little responsible with it) but some is earmarked for throwing at RC....

I've got a 1/8 buggy that I race and I'm pretty happy with the set up...
Got Savage that I'm bored with.....don't want another MT.....

Ideas please...

Hi,

I wonder... you got bored with the Savvy, why?
I'm thinking of buying somethin new (got a rally car now) but I have doubts doubts doubts... I thought a Savage SS kit and smack some street tyres on it... maybe a MT2 kit but there the ground clearance scares me off...

Sigh... :D

Izigoth said:
Hi,

I wonder... you got bored with the Savvy, why?

Dunno why i'm bored with it, i've had it a year or so....been there done that I guess, its been fun and I've just put a wasp .28 in it so it goes like hell but quite fancy a serpent now.

It all depends what you want to do. Since you have and race off road you could get yourself a 1/10 scale truck to race, or you could go in a totally different direction and go onroad. options are endless, but so is the fun!

did you any desire to go in any other direction....like maybe a boat or helicopter

titty bar hands down, and good micro brew you've been craving

Where do you run or better yet what type surfaces are available to you to run on?

jon2 said:
Where do you run or better yet what type surfaces are available to you to run on?

Air, tarmac....but I nitro boat looks fun but I don't think I have a large enough body of water nearby.

Leaning towards On-road as I don't think I have the talent for flying stuff.

arawak420 said:
titty bar hands down, and good micro brew you've been craving

Might have been a nice bonus but I don't think it will stretch that far......besides the good Mrs Ryan with Savage would take issue at that one....nice idea though

Ryan with savage said:
Air, tarmac....but I nitro boat looks fun but I don't think I have a large enough body of water nearby.

Leaning towards On-road as I don't think I have the talent for flying stuff.
Well if you go onroad ,Team associated has the NTC3 which is an exceptional car as well as the TC4 electric ride. Both will not disappoint you. If you race then I would consider an MTX3 or even the 1/8 th scale ride from Mugen, Kyosho or Serpent.

get a hopped up TC3 and be happy.....set it up for drifting and be happier...sell the Savage and buy a nitro road if you like the TC3...or take the Mrs Ryan w/ savage to the beach for a weekend and make her happy.....I say buy a motorcycle and get bug eyed w/ your bad self......

Pick up one of those cheap $75-$120 USD airplanes they come with a controller and all.. see if you actually have the knack for flying or not..

It's one of those things..one you try it you'll probably be in love...airplanes are a might easier than heli's tho

Plaidfish said:
get a hopped up TC3 and be happy.....set it up for drifting and be happier...sell the Savage and buy a nitro road if you like the TC3...or take the Mrs Ryan w/ savage to the beach for a weekend and make her happy.....I say buy a motorcycle and get bug eyed w/ your bad self......

lol......think an NTC3 or 1/8 serpent/mugen/something is gonna end up in the workshop!! Thanks for all your suggestions.

Last edited:
You could hop up the buggy...v-spec vroom vroom.

Back