Mjx 16208 Hyper Go battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sklav

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm very new to r/c and I got a Hyper Go 16208 as a present to my kid.
The car came with a 2s 1050mAh which is very small and he will not be happy about it, so I will buy 2-3 more batteries and have enough play time.
The battery space for the battery is
93mm X 33mm X 25mm
I was searching for a 4000-5000mAh battery but I realized that it's impossible with these dimensions. So I searched for a battery between 2000-3000mAh.
Unfortunately I need them as soon as possible for his birthday at the end of this month and I can't buy from AliExpress or Banggood.
I've found 2 batteries which I consider to buy with same mAh but different "C" indicator.
I'm not sure which to buy:

1) Gens Ac e Soaring Mini LiPo 2200mAh 7.4V 20C 2S1P XT60
(I know this is ok for the car, but its difficult to find stock)

2) OVONIC 7.4V 2200mAh 2S1P 50C Lipo Battery with XT60 & Trx Plug
(I'm not sure about this battery)

Is there any part that it has a max limit of the "C" I can put?

Also, will I have a big different on play time? Not interested in speed yet

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Both gensacearespammers and Ovonic have been around for a while and you will likely be fine with either one. 2200 mah will definitely limit the play time. More mah more play time.

Make sure you have the right connector or that you can change it. i.e. solder a new one on.

1) gensacearespammers G Tech Soaring Mini LiPo 2200mAh 7.4V 20C 2S1P XT60
(I know this is ok for the car, but its difficult to find stock)
I didn't find that specific battery but I did find a 60C version below. 20C on a 2200 mah battery is pretty weak.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-ace-2s-lipo-battery-60c-7.4v-2200mah-gea22002s60x6/p1336196

The C-rating is the amount of charge (current) the battery can deliver and has no control over what the ESC wants. The ESC can only use what current is available. So if you double or triple your C-Rating (current) it's not going to make the car perform better than the maximum current draw. It's like my laptop plugs into a 120V 15Amp circuit. It doesn't perform better on a 20Amp circuit, because it still uses the same 100W of power - it still draws .9A @110V.

The C-Rating math is below if you're interested.
Crating = Current*1000/mah​
or​
Crating*mah/1000 = Current

Which means, remember this is from the batteries perspective.
2200 mah 60C battery can deliver ~132 Amps.​
2200 mah 50C battery can deliver ~110 Amps.​
2200 mah 20C battery can deliver ~45 Amps.​

The Hypergo 16208 says it's a 45Amp ESC. So any of those in theroy would work. But the battery C rating is a marketing thing and the manufactures are not truthful with their ratings. In reality I wouldn't even consider the 20C battery. At 110 Amps you should have a bit of buffer for thier lies

A bit light reading about battery testing and claimed C-Ratings.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

In the end either the 50C or 60C will work, but may not have the absolute maximum edge of performance with a premium battery. Premium batteries are going to be expensive and you will only get a little bit of speed from them. Like 45mph instead of 42 mph. You will see them premium batteries used in racing, drag racing and speed running and will not effect your playtime.

In reality it should be fine with a less expensive battery. It's also a $20 and you can always afford to buy a better battery later if you need to.

BTW you might want to check out China Hobby Lines as well. They have decent batteries and the price is good. They sponsor the Arrma Forums, see the banner at the top.

If you can fit it this would be a decent choice. C-Rating is propotional to the mah and 6200 mah will give you some serious run time. But you will need to solder your own connector.
https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...mah-7-4v-2s-90c-shorty-lipo-battery-soft-pack

Both gensacearespammers and Ovonic have been around for a while and you will likely be fine with either one. 2200 mah will definitely limit the play time. More mah more play time.

Make sure you have the right connector or that you can change it. i.e. solder a new one on.

I didn't find that specific battery but I did find a 60C version below. 20C on a 2200 mah battery is pretty weak.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-ace-2s-lipo-battery-60c-7.4v-2200mah-gea22002s60x6/p1336196

The C-rating is the amount of charge (current) the battery can deliver and has no control over what the ESC wants. The ESC can only use what current is available. So if you double or triple your C-Rating (current) it's not going to make the car perform better than the maximum current draw. It's like my laptop plugs into a 120V 15Amp circuit. It doesn't perform better on a 20Amp circuit, because it still uses the same 100W of power - it still draws .9A @110V.

The C-Rating math is below if you're interested.
Crating = Current*1000/mah​
or​
Crating*mah/1000 = Current

Which means, remember this is from the batteries perspective.
2200 mah 60C battery can deliver ~132 Amps.​
2200 mah 50C battery can deliver ~110 Amps.​
2200 mah 20C battery can deliver ~45 Amps.​

The Hypergo 16208 says it's a 45Amp ESC. So any of those in theroy would work. But the battery C rating is a marketing thing and the manufactures are not truthful with their ratings. In reality I wouldn't even consider the 20C battery. At 110 Amps you should have a bit of buffer for thier lies

A bit light reading about battery testing and claimed C-Ratings.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

In the end either the 50C or 60C will work, but may not have the absolute maximum edge of performance with a premium battery. Premium batteries are going to be expensive and you will only get a little bit of speed from them. Like 45mph instead of 42 mph. You will see them premium batteries used in racing, drag racing and speed running and will not effect your playtime.

In reality it should be fine with a less expensive battery. It's also a $20 and you can always afford to buy a better battery later if you need to.

BTW you might want to check out China Hobby Lines as well. They have decent batteries and the price is good. They sponsor the Arrma Forums, see the banner at the top.

If you can fit it this would be a decent choice. C-Rating is propotional to the mah and 6200 mah will give you some serious run time. But you will need to solder your own connector.
https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...mah-7-4v-2s-90c-shorty-lipo-battery-soft-pack
Thanks a lot for your reply!
It's very enlightening.
I wasn't sure if I will have a problem with more Amps and you answer it.
I will checked the links. Unfortunately most batteries are too big or out of stock from EU warehouse or the the shipping cost is too high.
I will still check them for future purchase.
I will probably buy some cheap battery to play and then a bigger one for longer time play

As for a connector, I've already ordered some Xt60 female/Dean male adaptors and a soldering gun. I hope I can use it😁.

I also ordered a Skyrc T100 charger for the batteries. It had good reviews.

Thanks a lot for your reply!
It's very enlightening.
I wasn't sure if I will have a problem with more Amps and you answer it.
I will checked the links. Unfortunately most batteries are too big or out of stock from EU warehouse or the the shipping cost is too high.
I will still check them for future purchase.
I will probably buy some cheap battery to play and then a bigger one for longer time play

As for a connector, I've already ordered some Xt60 female/Dean male adaptors and a soldering gun. I hope I can use it😁.

I also ordered a Skyrc T100 charger for the batteries. It had good reviews.

Good to hear. Have fun with your son!

If you need some help soldering the batteries there are a lot of resources here and on Youtube. The main thing is to make sure you don't cut both leads at once. Shorting a LiPo is bad.

Welcome to the site. I agree with the mathematician above. 😆
I like to double check my posts math to make sure its not 100% BS, only 50% is acceptable. ;)

Back