missile platform t-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is freakin awesome!!! That is the coolest battle RC that I have ever seen and I would love to blow something up with it!!! BOOM, BOOM!

thanks everyone for your compliments, unfortunatly I don't apear able to to edit my posts either due to internet restrictions onboard ship, but will soon be making port and will edit then, also about the paper filter i'm using, I do realize that its not the best but the stock oil filter I have was at an angle and didn't fit in the opening, so this was temperary, but i'm going to look for a oil filter that is the same size, any sugjestions for make or model? I did spend alot of time on this truck but its all been worth it, I've had all kinds of bugs when I first got it going, like the pinched fuel line, one of the wheels fell off the trailer (which looked bad in front of my buddies LOL), and I've gon threw 2 ez start wands so far, there not built very well, the first one the glow circuit failed, so I reaplaced it with a new wand, worked for a while, and now the glow light comes on but the glow only has about 2 volts going to it now and doen't heat the plug even enough to get red, but the light is on bright on the board so I think the board is internaly shorted, but i have a new ez start sitting at home waitng to be installed into it as soon as I get home. also I had to upgrade the steering servo with a more powerful MG servo because the old one sucked. I still have some work to do to it though, mostly small stuff and tuning, but once I get home I'll gonna finish it and then shoot a trail video, I'll load a rack of missiles onto it and send it into my test pit :D(old quarrie pit with rough, varied terrain) The missiles are quite powerful so I have to be at a safe distance when there fired, I won't go into detail on how there made (for obveous reasons) but I'll say that they'll peel the skin of a car door back like a bannana LOL anyhow if someone could fill me in on a good set of CVD's that have rubber boots for a 2.5 and a good cylindrical air filter that will fit in where I have this one, that would be greatly apreiciated.

hears the newer pics, I got it to work:p:

Attachments

• robot resize1.jpg
    robot resize1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 145
  • robot resize2.jpg
    robot resize2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 136
:worship: That's freakin' awesome...

That's just stinkin' awesome! My only suggestion would be a better air filter or at least a pre-filter around what you have.

Edit: OOPS! I missed where you're already wanting an upgraded filter! What diameter is that filter? I would suggest a Motor Saver type filter, I've seen a couple of different sizes. The glow plug only needs 1.5v to operate. The easy start with the glow plug wire is a proven weak link on the Traxxas trucks. Something else to have to carry, but I would suggest a seperate ignitor.

Last edited:
The glow plug only needs 1.5v to operate. The easy start with the glow plug wire is a proven weak link on the Traxxas trucks. Something else to have to carry, but I would suggest a seperate ignitor.
hmm, I wonder if the glow plug is internaly shorted, or the plug wiring is shorted, I bi-passed the glow wire once and still had the same problem, it appears that the control circuit is working (led is lit during starting), but the glow plug isn't red, I even tried a spare glow plug and the same results, maybe by chance both plugs are not funtional, I'll have to trouble shoot with the spare start wand when I get back, and determen if its the circiut or a wireing/glow plug issue, either way, to answer your question, I can't use a seperate igniter because the engine uses the e-z start to start itself by remote, i can start and kill the engine with a spare channel from the trailer which has a 6 ch aircraft system. I don't really want to get rid of the remote start because it gives me the ability to sit quietly in strategic firing locations in stealth. I have less then a month of my deployment in the middle east left (oh ya baby) and i have thought of a few more ideas for it when I get back including a remote camera on the turret that transmitts back to a LCD screen mounted on the remote, that way I can actualy drive beyond my line of sight and navagate, but I'll also need to upgrade the crappy traxxas 3ch truck remote to a high powered transmitter (any sugestions?, a 4 channel pistol grip transmitter would be ideal but I don't know of any) i still have to purchase the parts for the camera setup but have located a few of the items I will need, also I'm installing a aluminum brake/throttle servo mount to further strenghten my braking power (40 pounds is alot to slow down in a hurry) of course the drive shaft sliders will be replaced with cvds, and finally I want to hook up an engine temperature monitor relay that will turn the head and exhaust cooling fans on and off when there needed instead of them just being on all the time which sometimes cools the engine too much and also haveing them run all the time is an un-nessary power drain on the secondary power supply, i havn't yet found a temperature relay that will suit this need as of yet though

Just an odd thought..... what about trailer breaks? I don't know just a random firing of neurons. nice setup though. Would love to see it fire some missiles. the problem with trailer breaks would be balancing the breaking with the truck, also I don't know what kind of "hitch" you are using or how much stress it can take.

awesome build man you got any video of any rockets firing off it yet?:D

Just an odd thought..... what about trailer breaks? I don't know just a random firing of neurons. nice setup though. Would love to see it fire some missiles. the problem with trailer breaks would be balancing the breaking with the truck, also I don't know what kind of "hitch" you are using or how much stress it can take.
the problem with running trailer brakes is the fact that I would have to run axels into the trailer wheels to be able to slow the wheels with some sort of certral brakeing caliper like the t-maxx uses, and the hitch would actualy take it, I can actualy swing the trailer around by the hitch, its designed to hold alot of tensile strength, but since i upgraded the brakes with the RRP vented brake and the used a pen spring instead of a piece of fuel tube for the brake tentioner, the truck slows the trailer down with confidence now, upgrading the mounts will simply add a touch more strength, .....oh, and don't worry, there will be lots of video of the test fireing when I get home from my deployment in a few weeks;)

For the remote, it sounds like your screaming for the Futaba 4PK to me. That's going to be my next purchase. I had a 3PK, best radio I ever had in my hands. Then I got a Spektrum DX3R and have been quite dissapointed, so now I'm going back to the Futaba. It's a four channel remote and the programmability is amazing. If you need more channels, the Nomadio has 7 channels I believe, and uses a transciever to send data back to the transmitter such as engine temp, RPM battery voltage, things like that. I personally like the Futaba better, and from what I understand the Nomadio receivers are expensive and if you buy more than one, the cost quickly surpasses the cost of the 4PK, which can use the 3 channel FASST receivers that are available at better prices.

For the remote, it sounds like your screaming for the Futaba 4PK to me. That's going to be my next purchase. I had a 3PK, best radio I ever had in my hands. Then I got a Spektrum DX3R and have been quite dissapointed, so now I'm going back to the Futaba. It's a four channel remote and the programmability is amazing. If you need more channels, the Nomadio has 7 channels I believe, and uses a transciever to send data back to the transmitter such as engine temp, RPM battery voltage, things like that. I personally like the Futaba better, and from what I understand the Nomadio receivers are expensive and if you buy more than one, the cost quickly surpasses the cost of the 4PK, which can use the 3 channel FASST receivers that are available at better prices.

oooooooo, that sounds exactaly like what i'm looking for, is it pistol grip? I don't think I could even drive a truck with sticks anymore LOL, man the things I could do with an extra channel (muh ha ha ha:stickup:)

that will be sweet can't wait to see it fire :p

Simply amazing!! I showed this to my Vetran Marine Master Gunnery Sgt. and he just flipped!!!! Amazing stuff and love the detail and the inginuity behind it!! This needs to go in a RC magazine in a special article on "Military War RC"... :):D

Wow! Never seen this kind of thing before and boy does your machine look mental... Can't wait to see it blowing some stuff up! Good work bud.

that thing is wicked man. As for the 3.3 driveshafts in a 2.5 maxx. they will fit b/c i have um in my 2.5 maxx. I had to re-use the stock 2.5 wheel ends(where the wheel attaches). then shim them w/ washers to take up the end play, the 3.3 pins will rub the lower suspension arm-but I've ran mine so much that it pretty much took away the plastic so now they work great. Or you could update by using the 3.3 revo style knuckles(hubs) ev1 calls um something diff. their made for the driveshafts.or u can use rpm knuckles. i still run the stock front driveshafts w/o any prob. OH i also have 3.3 maxx diffs both front and rear-much better then 2.5 diffs. I ran it alot on this setup w/o any problems. good luck and stay safe out there.