Mini Z racing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We raced mini Zs on this track back in 2004-2006. The cars in the video are modified F1 cars with Lexan stockcar bodies. The track was both oval and road course. I was built from MDF by a friend of mine. He also built his own slot car track out of MDF The track was in the backroom of a hobby shop. Sadly the shop closed in 2006.

That is awesome!

Come on winter. Just kidding.

But when it does come I’m so ready. My wife wanted some carpet in her bicycle shop. But carpet won’t work so I bought four big rubber floor mats. There about 4x6 foot. After a couple years they got kinda worn out. Then after I remodeled her shop and bought her new floor mats. There like 20 bucks each. I put the old ones in my van and in the shed. There rubber on one side and tight carpet on the other. I have eight of them. I’m thinking I can flip them over and make a really cool mini z buggy track. With jumps and turn with either the carpet side or the rubber side.
Going to put one piece down tonight then clear the living room and see how it goes.

Attachments

• 10E5A64C-4DF8-471A-AB29-E2D79F9CBC80.jpeg
    10E5A64C-4DF8-471A-AB29-E2D79F9CBC80.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 27
Just scored this for fifty bucks. Need a chassis but this is so awesome looking.
That is a score I want it lol I want everything that’s bad ass you guys have to share

So far of the three Mini Z cars I have the buggy is the most fun. It drifts really well and can jump stuff. You have to be careful no to make the jump to steep.
Make the ramp right and it’s a cool landing. To steep and it back flips. Stiffer springs seem to help. The kit coke with all sort of adjustment shims.
After looking at the carpet mats in the shed. They are pretty nasty. I made this practice ramp. Maybe in the winter I grab four mats. It’s cheaper than a mini z track.

Attachments

• 6E8AF3E6-84DF-4CEA-8B57-9806C80668B1.jpeg
    6E8AF3E6-84DF-4CEA-8B57-9806C80668B1.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 27
Back