Micro torch recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornet49

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for recommendations on a good micro torch. Amazon has a Dremel one available. Their stuff is always good quality. Thanks.

Dremel 2000-01 VersaTip Precision Butane Torch Portable Micro Torch Mini Welder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MJW08JK

I dont have a recommendation because I dont use those style soldering irons but Id be willing to bet that the Dremel brand is good quality. :thumbs-up:

I have been using this self igniting pencil one for over a decade, very compact and fits in my pit box where I use it for every single rebuild, also on the same 10oz can of butane for a decade too, ha!

https://www.amazon.com/Refillable-Butane-Soldering-Jewelry-Pinpoint/dp/B0733SWJQL

1700753484241.png

I ended up getting the dremel one. Now I’m looking for something to do with it!

I always put thread lock on every metal to metal fastener... to avoid stripping any of my screw heads, I always hit every screw with 5 seconds of flame to melt the thread lock and effortlessly remove screws. This is an essential tool that I use every time I wrench on my cars.

I went to my local smoke shop and picked up a small torch for just a few bucks. Works like a charm.

I went to my local smoke shop and picked up a small torch for just a few bucks. Works like a charm.
What else did you buy? 🤪🤪

yall got me wanting one and not having a reason for it. 🤣

Exactly what I thought OP was talking about when I first read the thread topic. :woot:
1702920408991.png

I use it just about everyday for 3D prints, heat shrink tubing, and melting threadlocker.

Has anyone looked for just the attachments for these torches? I wasn't able to find one and don't exactly know what term to search for either.
We've got one that gets used in the kitchen already. They're handy for crème brûlée.

Has anyone looked for just the attachments for these torches? I wasn't able to find one and don't exactly know what term to search for either.
We've got one that gets used in the kitchen already. They're handy for crème brûlée.
The Bernz-o-matic comes with a solder tip, mine came with a heat tip at the time.

You might look for torch tips.

The Bernz-o-matic comes with a solder tip, mine came with a heat tip at the time.

You might look for torch tips.
Thanks for the suggestion. Well, the tips that are sold separate cost just about as much as the torch that includes the tips.
The torch I have will stay in the kitchen. I'm going to try the pencil torch @bill_delong suggested. It looks like it packs up a bit more compact and easily.

Note: I may be guilty of using too much thread lock once-in-awhile.

Last edited:
Note: I may be guilty of using to much thread lock once-in-awhile.
One tiny little drop is all you need. And if possible, let it setup before installing the screw. Removing the screw will not be hard at all later on.

Back