Micro T problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a problem and I need help. I installed my aluminum front spindles, front and rear threaded axles, bearings, and aluminum oil filled shock all losi products on my micro t last night. First I'd like to say that I personally think the shocks aren't very good, I put 32 1/2 weight oil in them pumped them to remove the air bubbles and didn't fill them up too much and I got no rebound after compression. That's not my big problem though, when I turn the servo turns the car but doesn't center again just makes noise like it's trying to center but can't and just keeps turning until I center it via the steering wheel on the TX. Even then if I don't do it perfect you can hearing it trying to center. I disconnected the steering even took the servo out and it turns fine and there's no labouring noise of it trying to find its center, so I know it's not the servo. Every thing is aligned properly, I noticed I got some damage to my c hub on one side could that cause it? Actually the axle on thatside is a little off because of the damage. Any help would be awesome, maybe I'm missing something I don't know.

It sounds like there is binding in the steering. Hows it feel if you steer it by hand? Maybe try lubing it a little.

It just makes the normal servo gear sound, that's with the car off with it on it makes a normal sound then the very labouring sound to center itself. So try living the gears? Or the servo horn?

Not the servo, try lubing you steering block.

The whole steering block or any certain areas to concentrate on more? What lube should I use, I have some 3 in 1 but would I need something specific? I've been at this a year and a half and I still consider myself a newb.

The whole steering block or any certain areas to concentrate on more? What lube should I use, I have some 3 in 1 but would I need something specific? I've been at this a year and a half and I still consider myself a newb.

I'd focus on the top and bottom of the steering block. You could try the 3 in 1, but it'll attract dirt. Look for some dry lube, I can't think of the name of any others right now but if you have any Moo-slick try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I use this stuff on my rc's vs any type of oil:
http://www.amazon.com/White-Lightni...qid=1356103569&sr=1-1&keywords=wax+chain+lube

Or something like it. I ran out and picked up another bottle at a local bicycle shop, but they didn't have white lightening. Had something else that works just as good.

I use it on cvd's, hinge pins, dog bones, spur gears... pretty much anything external that could benefit from some sort of lube that doesn't attract dirt.

I use this stuff on my rc's vs any type of oil:
http://www.amazon.com/White-Lightni...qid=1356103569&sr=1-1&keywords=wax+chain+lube

Or something like it. I ran out and picked up another bottle at a local bicycle shop, but they didn't have white lightening. Had something else that works just as good.

I use it on cvd's, hinge pins, dog bones, spur gears... pretty much anything external that could benefit from some sort of lube that doesn't attract dirt.

That can also be found at wal-mart as White Lightning Easy Lube. But, it's the same stuff as the Clean Ride.

Defiantely there is binding in the steering. Try lubing you steering block.