MGT 8.0 VS. TREE, you guess the winner.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nscrracefan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Nice warm day here in Mo. this afternoon, "torque monster running good, some of my boys' friends were over in the backyard ADMIRING the 'beast', youngest telling his friends about 2nd gear, i ran truck over to the neighbors yard, took off hard-n-steady, hit second gear, missed judged tree, & the rest is all up to you 'nitro junkies', LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Wait.... where is the picture of the cut down tree? Oh..... yeah sorry the tree won. My bad! Oh I have done it a couple times myself too on acident. Have something in your line of sight and can tell you are properly lines up and.....well you are lined up bulls eye to hit the damn thing instead. Well all considered it could be a LOT worse.

If the words "Tree, Curb or Cinder block" are in the title then I know there are good carnage photos. :)

No doubt Rolex! Glad parts are fairly cheap.....

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Wait.... where is the picture of the cut down tree? Oh..... yeah sorry the tree won. My bad! Oh I have done it a couple times myself too on acident. Have something in your line of sight and can tell you are properly lines up and.....well you are lined up bulls eye to hit the damn thing instead. Well all considered it could be a LOT worse.

LMAO! Yea from 30ft. away I was for sure I was going to miss the tree, well that S.O.B. moved back about a ft. & "KAOS" began!!!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Thanks joshman but going to order everything through Team Associated..... Would like to do some upgrading on shocks & things, just don't have the extra $$$ right now. All parts decent on prices through them!

Yup there have been a many few times I have said oh I have plenty of room to get by that.... POW!.....maybe not....(wallet cringes at sound)

If the words "Tree, Curb or Cinder block" are in the title then I know there are good carnage photos. :)

Don't forget about Mailbox's. my slash was a "mailbox magnet". :)

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

Well your not alone. I was jumping a dirt road at the scout campgrounds over the weekend and miss judged the landing on the last one and put my buggy into a tree as well. Not as much broken as yours but still mild carnage. View attachment 12307

Last edited:
Well your not alone. I was jumping a dirt road at the scout campgrounds over the weekend and miss judged the landing on the last one and put my buggy into a tree as well. Not as much broken as yours but still mild carnage. View attachment 12307

Bad enough!!! Any broken parts isn't good!!! If all goes well I'll be ordering parts today!

Yeah i ordered mine off ebay the same day along with some GPM steering arms and a spare set of screws and spacers. Also 2 sets of the stock cups so when i do it again i will have a set on hand. That tells you that i do plan on trying to perfect that landing away from the tree this time. Hopefully!

If the tree is big enough put some dirt around it and make a back flip ramp out of that tree:D

Last edited:
It was my neighbors tree, lol! He probably wouldn't mind! Thinkin' I'll just stay way clearof it when going to 2nd gear!!!

Well Parts are ready for pick up from UPS in Cali.! Hopefully they should be here no later than Mon. Then it's re-assembly time.....

Well Parts are ready for pick up from UPS in Cali.! Hopefully they should be here no later than Mon. Then it's re-assembly time.....

You may want to look into get parts through tower hobbies your closer to them than I am I get my parts usually late on the second day.

Back