Mgt 8.0 only pulling from the front drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nscrracefan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well nitro junkies, out pulling wheelies & jumping a small ramp in the backyard, after a barrel roll flip & back on it's wheels the front drive was the only thing pulling this BEAST! So I rolled the front wheels & noticed them & both drive lines turned but the rear tires wouldn't. I rolled the rear tires & they only free wheeled & nothing else turned with them.............. Sheered something in the rear diff I'm assuming ??? All help would be greatly appreciated! Be safe nitro junkies!!!

Right on Rolex! Going to tear in to it tomorrow. Might as well start there, thinking about upgrading a lil, if they have it!!!

Well nitro junkies, starting to tear down the mgt 8.0 & when i was getting ready to slide the rear diff out, I noticed the coupler that set screws to the pinion shaft at the front of the rear diff just fell off of it!!! Lost set screw out running. Set screw came out causing coupler to spin on the pinion shaft...... Spun pinion shaft & the rear diff is solid, both axles turn & there's no slipping or broken teeth! Waiting on parts! Be safe & HAPPY 2013!

Loctite is your friend, anything metal to metal throw some blue BLUE BLUE BLUE(Not Red) loctite on them, it will save alot of headache and trips to the LHS

Parts on their way from Team Associated from Cali.!!! Ready to get this thing back to running & do some BASHING!!!

Glad you solved the issue and it wasn't expensive/tough to do.

Same here! Wish there was a place close to me where I could just go get parts. Don't think hobby town usa carries much parts/pcs. for this BADA$$!!!

Back