Metric to Standard conversion help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I need to drill the holes for the wing for my truck and it calls for 2 7mm holes. I do not have a 7mm drill bit. Does anyone know what standard bit I could use in its place, if I can even use a stadard bit? Thanks guys.

Tom

The closest bit I can come up with is 3/8 of an inch bit. Does anybody know if this will work? Or will it make the hole too big? Thanks

Tom

Monkey Wrench said:
Do you have the screw that you're going to use? I usually just try to eye-ball it.

Yep I do have the screw... I will give that a shot. I just didn't want to drill, and then find out I drilled a hole too big. Thanks.

Tom

Use a body reamer. Works on the wings, too.

3/8 is 10 mm so that is definatly to big..

l

If it says .28 of an inch, 1/4" = .25" so the closest you can go without over shooting .28" is .25" which is 1/4".

I'd say go with 1/4"...

...final answer. :)

Either way, the difference of .01-.05 is negligble... so it's safe both ways with sweetdiesel's calculations and mine. It's now up to what drill size is available to you. I would suggest you test drill sizes on a test board/sheet before drilling it to your wing to be safe :)

Back