Method RC Wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever used their wheels and/or tires? Just curious how they stack up against pronline or duratrax etc

Thanks for the link Addict. Bookmarked the site for future reference.

Checked out the Terraform A-T for 1/10. One of the first things I looked for was weight. Method RC lists it as "TBD." Have a set of P-L Trencher belted for the MT10. They add significant weight, so am interested in how the Method RC compares. Not that weight is a bad thing in a basher or off-road speed runner. Just another factor to take into consideration when upgrading a suspension or steering (servo esp.) to control the extra mass.

10% discount is nice. I'll drop your handle if I decide to buy in the future. 'AC'

Anyone ever used their wheels and/or tires? Just curious how they stack up against pronline or duratrax etc
I might be getting some to review if I do I’ll let you know
Thanks for the link Addict. Bookmarked the site for future reference.

Checked out the Terraform A-T for 1/10. One of the first things I looked for was weight. Method RC lists it as "TBD." Have a set of P-L Trencher belted for the MT10. They add significant weight, so am interested in how the Method RC compares. Not that weight is a bad thing in a basher or off-road speed runner. Just another factor to take into consideration when upgrading a suspension or steering (servo esp.) to control the extra mass.

10% discount is nice. I'll drop your handle if I decide to buy in the future. 'AC'
Thanks

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I picked up a set of the Method 1/10 tires and the 14mm hex adapter broke about 10 seconds into the first run. Didn't even hit a ramp. Not impressed at all. Hopefully Method gets back to me about it relatively quickly.

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I picked up a set of the Method 1/10 tires and the 14mm hex adapter broke about 10 seconds into the first run. Didn't even hit a ramp. Not impressed at all. Hopefully Method gets back to me about it relatively quickly.
Did you buy through my code up there?

Thanks. I'm hoping it's just an anomaly and they can send replacement hexes.

Not the best quality image, but you can see where it broke.

FB_IMG_1678672000968.jpg

Thanks. I'm hoping it's just an anomaly and they can send replacement hexes.

Not the best quality image, but you can see where it broke.

View attachment 161765
I messaged them he doesn’t work on the weekend so he will look at emails first thing tomorrow morning but they said they would replace it for free

I messaged them he doesn’t work on the weekend so he will look at emails first thing tomorrow morning but they said they would replace it for free
Thanks for that.

The more removed from it happening I am, the more I regret not giving them a chance to make it right before jumping on here and posting about it (and my email was probably less nice than it could have been too). It was just one of those days, first time taking the truck out after sinking tons of time and money into rebuilding it, built a new bash ramp for it, had my son out there with me with his truck, and my day just ends before it starts because I didn't think to bring my old stock tires with me...

Honestly, a break like this could have happened with any tires with a removable hex. If the hexes were available to buy, I probably would have just bought a few sets of spares and called it good. I'm glad they're going to make it right though, and unless there are more issues once I start actually running them, this won't stop me from buying from them in the future.

Thanks for that.

The more removed from it happening I am, the more I regret not giving them a chance to make it right before jumping on here and posting about it (and my email was probably less nice than it could have been too). It was just one of those days, first time taking the truck out after sinking tons of time and money into rebuilding it, built a new bash ramp for it, had my son out there with me with his truck, and my day just ends before it starts because I didn't think to bring my old stock tires with me...

Honestly, a break like this could have happened with any tires with a removable hex. If the hexes were available to buy, I probably would have just bought a few sets of spares and called it good. I'm glad they're going to make it right though, and unless there are more issues once I start actually running them, this won't stop me from buying from them in the future.
I can totally understand, it is what it is your getting the replacements and that should be good, have fun with your son

Just a quick update. Been talking to Method through emails. Apparently, the 1/10 tires weren't even supposed to be for sale, there was a website issue and I got them inadvertently. They knew about the durability issues and are working through them. Refunded my money and said they would try and get me a set of the new hexes they're working on when they are ready. All in all, stand up guys.

Also, went to the LHS and they were able to match up the screw pattern on the tire with some hex adapters they had. Offset is slightly different, but with the set I've got the truck running with those tires again.

Back