Mayhem.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline Racer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm about 98% Sure I'm going to buy this buggy. I already have the Mugen MBX4 XR as most of you know, But I want another buggy, Back up for racing. I've read the "http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=423#ratings" Article on this item. It has good and bad things. The thread locking isnt a bad thing. But on the yokes grub screws, I believe the guy said they keep backing out. Whats up with that? Also I dont know if they make universals for the drivetrain line up. They are dogbones. The engine looks great. Tires are poorly glued I saw. I know Diver has one of these, But does anyone else have one that they have beat the heck out of for testing? LMK All your opinions. Thanks everyone.

- Skyline Racer

locktite the grub screws into it that is what he said to do. and btw i love my mayhem have had lots of fun with it. but soon will say good by to the jrxs3 remote for one that can acept the spektrum modules. sorry for the thread jacking or not really or what ever.........

What do these things sell for? Looks to be a descent rig, but I've never seen one in person.

they sell officialy, 389.00 chassis only, 525.00 with rotostart/ motor, 550.00 complete + radio, can be less on ebay
they seem to be the overlooked underdog, nice pricing

Sportwerks Mayhem, looks more revolutionary than the recent Hudy or Thunder Tiger cars, Wow!

Tim.

swk1100-450.jpg

See radiocontrolzone thread here

Looks like this could be the prot. buggy designed by Losi marketed by horizonhobby.

Manual avialable here

Tim.

SWK1200-34-450.jpg

looks like a semi copy of a mbx 5 prospec !

If you want it for a racing back-up, do they allow the .26 it has in the RTR version? I would have bought this buggy instead of my Storm, but I wanted a .21

storm is more durable and it can do just as good... mayhem you need to get a mess of locktite to hold it together..

Kyosho...why do you have a problem with anything pro/semi pro? Every rc needs locktite whether you use it or not! Stop slamming anything that might be good!

not saying its no good.. strom is a way durable, mayhem you gotta use more locktie... i dont ahve a problem with it at all.. actually its onmy list of buggies for when i pick up another:) gs strom was cuild for bashing but it can race too... so id go with something durable... am i making sence?

Saw one at my LHS on display......drool

I also saw the avenger storm.....drool. I amost thought it was the same buggy.

kyosho138 said:
not saying its no good.. strom is a way durable, mayhem you gotta use more locktie... i dont ahve a problem with it at all.. actually its onmy list of buggies for when i pick up another:) gs strom was cuild for bashing but it can race too... so id go with something durable... am i making sence?
you need locktite on all good buggies, the only reason you dont need it is when you are screwing into plastic, so maybe this says that your gs storm is only a plastic toy not made for the real enthusiast, anything that screws into alloy needs loctite, which is why most of the pro buggies need a little more locktite, if you gotto buy one lot of loctite whether its fo 1 screw or 20 it still cost you ther same amount so why not have a reall buggie :)

How do you say that because there is a need for lock tite that its not a durable buggie, GS Storm was made to be cheap, not nes better

I've seen a couple of them at the track, and think they are ok. Never driven, or owned one, and if you want my $.02 I don't like they threaded shocks. If I were you I would retire the MBX-4 to the back up(or truggy), and get an MBX-5. Let us know how you like it if you get it.

I relize you need locktite on all buggies... mayhem if you forget a spot its a little less forgiving than other kits. i have had locktite problems with other buggies before...just dont forget any spots on that mayhem... oh and its a really good idea to put them in the servo stand posts...cause its a bitch when they fall out haha thats one area i forgot to do with my other buggy...

on the mayhem if you get the right diff oil and the right set up and you can drive it can be a top contender.. i dont see any weak spots in the design of this buggy so i am sure whoever gets it will love it

The thread locking issues you speak of were all early production problems you speak of. Another issue was that the clutch would go early. Both problems were rectified. Losi had nothing to do with the Mayhem.

miserable joe said:
Losi had nothing to do with the Mayhem.
Only thing LOSI and the Sportwerks Mayhem have in common are that they are both distributed by Horizon Hobbies.