maxx transmission rebuild help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oo7chris

RCTalk Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
So my transmission is currently apart. The small white gear on the shaft that contains the spur gear on the outside, what gear is that? Its on a small 1 1/4 shaft with a threaded end for the spur gear nut. I think its the input shaft. Its a 3.3 old 4409

Last edited:
Its trx part#4992 output gear and slipper shaft should cost round $6 for a 2.5 tranny

---------- Post added at 2:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:53 PM ----------

On the 3.3 you have three options stock part# 5385 wide ratio #5384 and close ratio #5383

ok my next question is if I do FOC how do I get around the optidrive sensor?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the foc should mess with the options drive at all I think the sensor is on a totally different shaft but I could be wrong I havent personally taken one apart but I have seem the exploded diagrams

If you install forward only you need to remove the optidrive. Its designed to not let it shift to reverse if the rpms are too high. Just remove it and everything that attaches to it. Reverse servo etc...

Yep just checked just make sure you get the 5195 foc and you'll be golden

Sweet man ordered it. Now its just the waiting game. Local hobby shop guy doesn't really do aftermarket. He's got very little. There's one about an hour away that does but an hour away is a poopy drive.

Oh yea I'm lucky I got a hobby shop 15 minutes away but that one has just stock stuff really. I drive something most people think sucks down gas but you would be surprised. 02 Z28 I get about 27 mpg (when I drive like a normal person) not bad tho when u consider most sports cars.

Not bad at all. With the HP and high gearing, it's surprising more performance cars don't do better. At least if you don't drive aggressively. I drive a grand marquis... gets 26mpg if I'm really nice, but averages about 25mpg with how I drive these days. I burn about 4.5 gallons a day with my commute. Sure is nice having a work from home day once a week now.

I have 2 LHS's and both are over an hour away... One is 15 minutes from where I work and I call ahead to have them order stuff early in the week so I can pick it up while at lunch for the following weekend.

I used to have a LHS 15 min away. He was never there, over priced and understocked. That ones out of business now (surprise). The one I usually go to is around an hour away too. 27 mpg would be awesome! My ram gets about 13!!! An that's highway. Lol

I have an 05 Vette that gets around 25-26 mpgs. I don't really have to keep my foot out of it to do it either. But if I drive in the usual stop-and-go then it drops down to around 21 mpgs. I'm stuck driving 45 minutes to get to my lhs. I only do it for nitro fuel. I don't mind the wait so everything else I buy online if I can.

Is someone seriously complaining about driving an 05 vette I'll trade ya 99 denali 4 feet to the gallon

Doesn't seem to be a complaint to me. Seems as if be is glad it get such good fuel mileage being its a 05 vette. Now I on the other hand love my F150 lariat 4 door but it only gets around 14.5mpg. Fortunately my LHS is only 16 miles from home. Even though i mostly buy offline i do buy some things from the lhs as well just to support them. For fuel i have to drive 90 miles one way for the odonnells speed blend i prefer at the hobby town usa in columbus ga. Due to the fact that the lhs only carries byrons gen 2 with too high of a oil content for me. I usually buy multiple gallons when i go so i dont have to make the trip very often.

Back