Maxx shocks question.. Already did a search.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSTFBDY

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a maxx from a guy. ( time for a tear down and GOOD cleaning.
DSC01294.gif

Its a ACNCM.com setup. Everything but the Diffs are Aluminum. (This thing weighs a TON) :depress:

anyways.... The guy made some titanium extensions to lift the shock towers and put Savage shocks on it.

Anybody do this befor? While its tore down should I get some regular maxx shocks for it? (some 1/8th scale buggy shocks actually)

While its apart I'm thinking of droping a Sirio .23 in it.

Man... that is wierd? I wonder why he went with savage shocks???

I thought the pic looked funny.

I used Unlimeted engineering supermaxx shocks on my maxx. I now use them on my savage and my rs4 nitro mt. I only ran 4 on the maxx and now run 4 on the savage. They held up a ton better than stock, hb and integy shocks that I had on my maxx. And they are holding up better than stock and hb shocks on my savage.

In over a year, I've only damaged two shocks. Once was on a WOT cartwheel in my 21 maxx, bent the shaft a little bit. The other was on a nasty landing with my savage from about 12 feet high, busted the disk inside the shock. I was running to heavy of an oil at the time. I have since changed to 40 weight oil and haven't had a single shock related problem in a long long time.

Savage shocks kickass! I see his point they are durable as hell, but that thing looks alittle to tall. Might make it more prone to rollover in the corners esp. with the cage. Since there are several T-Maxx & buggy shocks worthy, I ditch the extensions and go back to get the height back down.

How much you want for those shocks if you change?

Ya I've considered the UE shocks. Might give em a try. I dono yet.

Nice cage! It looks like it has regular RCS shock towers to me, where are the extensions?

nevermind, I see you wrote they lift the shock towers. Why not run the savage shocks for a while?

How fast can that go with the trx 2.5.Yea I would get 1/8th buggy shocks but I don't know what kind you would get.

I used Unlimited Engineering Supermaxx shocks. Only 4 are needed for a relatively heavy maxx or savage. They are modified (supposedly modified) OFNA 9.5 buggy shocks. I really like them on my savage and used to like them on my maxx, but I don't have the maxx anymore.

Ya I plan to get UE shocks. I havent ran this maxx with the current setup yet. Prob later 2day. With how heavy it is Its beggin for a Sirio .23

I have a feeling I'm not gona be happy with the slowness of this compaired to my last maxx. It was light as a feather with all HCR Ti parts, RPM plastic parts and a Sirio .18

Verry topheavy and wants to tip when I turn. I took it out today.