maximus 1/8 scale 4wd brushless monster truck help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abigdawg

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so I bought this little monster and I pulled it out of the box, plugged batteries in and let her rip. at first, it was amazing. I took it outside and it ran pretty good for about 10 seconds and then started acting like a slipper cutch on a nitro was loose. so I cam In and commenced the diagnostics. everything seemed to be in place so I called the local rc shop. they told me to charge the batteries. I did 1 charged all night and the green lights never came on and the other charge for 3.5 hrs. still the same result.... so does anyone have any idea of what has happened? should I take it back and sell it to buy a slash or nitro? I'm so un impressed that I spent 520 dollars and this happens. please help
it runs duo 2s 7.4v li-po battery packs, 'powerful brushes esc 80 a' ;powerful brushless motor, kv2260'

Last edited:
I wouldnt give up on it. Do you have a volt meter or does your charger tell you? You need to test the batteries. Maybe take it into the local shop, if you trust them, and have them test the packs for you.

they are closed on sundays. I'm about ready to give up. I spent a lot of money on it and this happens. I was stuck on the slash but I decided to go outside the box. when this issue is resolved. it will get a mamba monster for sure.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

no I don't have a volt meter and my charger seems to be a p.o.s

Do you have a LiPo balance charger? If not, you need one. Do a full balance charge on the batteries, run them until your truck slows down(make sure your ESCs Low voltage detection is on) and cycle like that a couple times. You should have any problems though.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Do you know anyone that has a volt meter or a good charger? Or isn't new to the hobby that can help you?
I wanted a slash too but I saw the Bandit at the lhs and decided to go with it, I'm bored of it and nobody wants to buy Bandit now. Should have done my homework.

I have the balance charge that came with it but I had one on it all night and the green ights never came on

Call the company. Try charging them again.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Lots of chargers will have "hickups" where the false peak and stop charging, I would just try again. DONT give up, thats how this hobby is at some point for all of us, not all rigs work perfect at some point and alot its right when they are just out of the box.

Call the company. Try charging them again.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

trying to call but they are closed and one number doesn't ork

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Lots of chargers will have "hickups" where the false peak and stop charging, I would just try again. DONT give up, thats how this hobby is at some point for all of us, not all rigs work perfect at some point and alot its right when they are just out of the box.

I've unplugged and tried anoter battery and let it chage al night then unplugger other batterie to charge then unplugged. I've unplugged the charger then replugged and nothing...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Do you know anyone that has a volt meter or a good charger? Or isn't new to the hobby that can help you?
I wanted a slash too but I saw the Bandit at the lhs and decided to go with it, I'm bored of it and nobody wants to buy Bandit now. Should have done my homework.

the man at my local hobby said the batteries need a full charge. I put a full charge and still not running like its supposed to

The fact that your charger is never hitting the green light would tell me 1 of 2 things:

1) Junk batteries. What kind/type 2S are they?

2) Junk charger/improperly programed charger. This happens quite a bit with cheaper chargers as you get what you pay for. the RTR charger should perform fine but can fail - even out of the box.

Either way like others have said - Dont give up!! This is a side of the hobby that happens to the best of us and a big reason why so many noobs give up. It may be something very simple bieng overlooked or a major problem with something. Either way take the time to evaluate it and get it properly diagnosed. If you bought it from the LHS I'm sure they will help you out in diagnosing the issue(s)

I'd think the cut off wasn't activated on the esc and now the voltage is too low for the charger to start the charge.
according to the specs it's 1A charger and 3200 lipo

Last edited:
so, it came to be that the truck had a 'glitch; and everytime I fixed one thing something else broke and the company made my lhs trade me something better. I got a slahs 4x4 6808l and its amazing. thanks for the help though yall

Glad to hear it. Enjoy flogging your Slash.

Back