Marvel Mystery Oil Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've always used Hobbico ARO but I want to try something different. I know theres at least a couple yall that run MMO so I was like I'm gonna give that a shot cuz I'm tired of paying $5 for 2oz of ARO. When I went to look for MMO though, I noticed there are different kinds. Is there a particular kind of MMO I should get?

I got tired of buying ARO. Too pricey. I use 3-in-one oil. Don’t mean to start a debate but I’ve never had an issue with it.

RP it’s pricy love the poop though.

I'm almost positive at least one or two of you old timers in here have run MMO before. Can no one can answer this question?

It’s over rated poop I’ll tell you that. But that’s me

Look at the beak down of any oil Vavoline ect. Temp wise it dose the same Royal Purple dose not.

Let’s put it this way, your running 14-1 compression? What fuel ⛽️ you are you going to run? Not no cheap 91 octane. poop your problems will happen there. I always ran SONOCO or VP 110 or higher. I’m a old timer real street poop so just my 2 cents.

Many years ago I ran MMO. But there was only one kind then. From what I read on quick glance on their site, I would say the Marvel Ultimate would be best since it can blend with ethanol. It may be more expensive though. If truth be told, probably any of them will work.

@TRAT, some of your post are a bit annoying. From what you posted here it doesn't even sound like you know what ARO is. Also the use of profanity is severely frowned upon as we have many younger members. Let's cut out the "S" words in your posts please.

Many years ago I ran MMO. But there was only one kind then. From what I read on quick glance on their site, I would say the Marvel Ultimate would be best since it can blend with ethanol. It may be more expensive though. If truth be told, probably any of them will work.

@TRAT, some of your post are a bit annoying. From what you posted here it doesn't even sound like you know what ARO is. Also the use of profanity is severely frowned upon as we have many younger members. Let's cut out the "S" words in your posts please.
I wonder if the better question for me to ask is. What is everyone using for ARO these days?

"I’m annoying come on man. Just give advice bro don’t come at me like that!! You seem a more comfortable in ur little shoes. I’ll run you for ur money trust me!! Come visit me one day I’ll show you."

Dude you're talking engine oil, fuel and compression ratios. This thread is about ARO - After Run Oil. It's used for nitro rc engines After you Run them to keep them from gumming up and corroding from the harshness of the fuel.

Advice is fine and welcomed IF you know hat you're talking about. in this case you're way off target.

I wonder if the better question for me to ask is. What is everyone using for ARO these days?

When I was running all the time I was one that never used ARO. The only time I had issues is when they sat for years then they would be stuck. ARO will prevent that if used properly. I personally think any oil will work but that may not be the popular opinion. I have used WD-40, 3-in1 and of course the Hobbico ARO. I wouldn't trust WD-40 for long term storage.

"I’m annoying come on man. Just give advice bro don’t come at me like that!! You seem a more comfortable in ur little shoes. I’ll run you for ur money trust me!! Come visit me one day I’ll show you."

Dude you're talking engine oil, fuel and compression ratios. This thread is about ARO - After Run Oil. It's used for nitro rc engines After you Run them to keep them from gumming up and corroding from the harshness of the fuel.

Advice is fine and welcomed IF you know hat you're talking about. in this case you're way off target.
Ok respect what you are saying. My bad and I won’t cuss anymore. I’ll say poop.

i use MMO primarily and 3in1 oil, been happy with both.
i use the standard MMO though, havent tried the other kinds

I used MMO many many years ago. Seemed really thick compared to typical hobbico ARO, so I'd just get a bottle of ARO at the hobbyshop when I needed it. Even when I ran nitro a lot, a bottle would last me a couple years... so didn't see much point in buying something else to use.

Hobbico after run user hear. A little 4 dollar bottle literally has lasted me over1.5 years.I use it religiously,but not excessively. 7-10 drops and it does the job.

Back