marine head on land vehicle.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billym9

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey has anyone used a liquid cooled engine made for boats and hooked it up to a radiator and ran it on a car or truck. i think this would be a cool project.not shure if it would work though.

it would work if you had all the major components like a regular car. i dont see why it wouldnt

if you had everything rad, pump, head, etc.. it seems doable, but weight would become an issue quickly, and holding it all together in a hard tumble would be difficult. sounds fun, but i wouldn't do it as a permanent install

Perhaps if it was done on an onroad, such as a pan-car type 8th scale (which would require being 100% scratch built), I can't see why it couldn't work...

As for practicality, just like beason said; one good smack and it'd probably shatter like glass.

Fine Designs has a watercooled brushless conversion for the Kyosho Inferno GT. It's got a water resevoir, pump and fan/brass tubing radiator. Pretty much everything you need to run a watercooled on-road. If they can do it for electrics I'm sure it could be done for nitro. Sounds like an awesome project :thumbup::thumbup:

sounds kinda like one of those "lessen design everything you need yourself drag car projects" to me

Yea I'm stoked about it already. I'd really like to see the motor in a scaled case of a big block v 8 with everything set up like a liquid cooled automobile. Now that would be cool!

Back