Manual/ Non-Centrifugal Clutch Options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigboss

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there. I've got a build in mind and for the sake of realism (being true to a passenger car), I want to have the ability to rev the engine without engaging the clutch. Unfortunately the only options I've seen for clutch/transmission systems only use centrifugal forces to engage/disengage the engine. Are there any options out there that actuate a clutch plate and function largely like real manual transmissions? Any input is welcome, I'm really hoping that I wont have to build it from scratch.

I'm not aware of anything but thats outside my lane. Someone else might know of something

The only suggestion I have is find a multi speed or a transmission with reverse like a tmaxx and take out reverse and make it a neutral.

If you make one, I would go similar to a motorized bicycle. Cable pulls a lever, lever turns a rod that basically puts or releases tension on a spring.

I actually built one of those 66cc kits. Thats better idea than mine. I’d imagine the load being on a servo the whole time 😅

I actually built one of those 66cc kits. Thats better idea than mine. I’d imagine the load being on a servo the whole time 😅
I've been tempting on building another. I had a good 4 or 6 since 2009. I used to do smiley face burnouts all over, and took it on 2 full county trips many times.

The only suggestion I have is find a multi speed or a transmission with reverse like a tmaxx and take out reverse and make it a neutral.

If you make one, I would go similar to a motorized bicycle. Cable pulls a lever, lever turns a rod that basically puts or releases tension on a spring.
There are the Kyosho QRC (quick reverse clutch), that will let you put the transmission into neutral. They even support 2-speed. But at the end, it is still centrifugal clutch.

You can also try the Traxxas Revo Transmission with Opti drive.

Back