Mammoth Or REVO?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADNBADN

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am a basher. I want something fast and durable. ALways had my eye on a Mammoth but that REVO looks awesome. What do ya'll think?

REVO FOR SURE. Mammoth has weak towers and braces.It may be better just for racing.

Keep in mind, the mammoth (EDIT: I had revo... stupid left brain) is built for a 21 or larger engine. You will get better bashibility out of it with a larger engine. Less likely to have a diff or trans shell out on you. Besides, the revo has to much crap on it! (I do like the inboard shocks though...)

Last edited:
Mammoth is made for the big block .21's and larger. The revo is made for the small block 2.5 engine. With alittle research the mammoth can be made bash ready with about $10 worth of bracing. I have a good site to go to if you are interested in a mammoth, one of the fastest trucks out of the box, and also one of the biggest(could be an advantage or disadvantage, depends) I am getting a revo and keeping it, will upgrade the engine right away to a sirio, or p2 or big block. Not sure yet. I also have a like new mammoth, trying to sell it to finance the revo engine. If it doesn't sell I will put a high end .21 in it, one of the biggest advantages to the mammoth is you can use a starter box on it and put any big block pull or non pull on the chassis. I think both are fast on a track, the revo on a short tight track might win, on the longer tracks the mammoth should do better. Mammoth is HUGE handles like a truggy(good) and looks like a monster truck. Revo smaller, lots of inovations and has a weezy(IMO) 2.5 engine that I am not fond of.I think either is a good choice, by all accounts the revo stands up to bashing quite wellout of the box and would be a much better choice for a new person getting started, someone in the hobby can make up their own mind.

Neither truck is for bashing. The Revo is made for racing. T-maxx is more for bashing. The Mammoth is also for racing. I have pics of my bashing sessions in my gallery if u need some visual. The truck has alot of vulnurablility.

It seems the guys here are bashing the crap out of there revo's (Humbolt is one) and not having too much trouble. As I said earlier, a little extra bracing, (homemade works fine) and probably a upgraded clutch or lower gearing, and the Mammoth will treat you ok, shimming the diffs is something you will have to do, but that is cheap and pretty common.

Just sold my mammoth as a roller..loved the motor so that went in my savage. The mammoth has some shortcomings like the shock towers and the diffs. I worked on it more than i drove it..plus parts are a little steep in price and in my case were hard to find.