Mamba monster 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's something different then. It sounds like your ESC is plugged into your receiver backwards or in the wrong spot. If you plug the ESC into your receiver backwards the lights will flash but it won't do anything. If you're using a Traxxas receiver the light will be red if the ESC plug is in backwards and not on at all if you're in the wrong slot.

I think more info is needed. Are you sure the ESC works?

Unplug everything except the ESC and see if you can recalibrate.

Here's a new question, with everything plugged in correctly do you have steering? I ask because when my last MM2 died it would still power the receiver and servo, it just wouldn't do anything else.

It's something different then. It sounds like your ESC is plugged into your receiver backwards or in the wrong spot. If you plug the ESC into your receiver backwards the lights will flash but it won't do anything. If you're using a Traxxas receiver the light will be red if the ESC plug is in backwards and not on at all if you're in the wrong slot.
I think that's what happened, problem is reversing it could kill the reciever. It'll still power on, but that particular channel will be null. I've done something similar when I installed a direct-power harness for a steering servo reversed. Throttle worked, but steering was kapoot.

Last edited:
Here's a new question, with everything plugged in correctly do you have steering? I ask because when my last MM2 died it would still power the receiver and servo, it just wouldn't do anything else.
Steering works

I got some life into it, I had to change the Traxxas app to the xo-1 model, then it started to "work", although it still won't drive, when you press the throttle a little more, the receiver starts flashing red and green. And the steering works badly.
I got some life into it, I had to change the Traxxas app to the xo-1 model, then it started to "work", although it still won't drive, when you press the throttle a little more, the receiver starts flashing red and green. And the steering works badly.
Tey to recalibrated it several times

Tey to recalibrated it several times
Try*

Last edited:
Holy crap, it worked! however, every time I take the batteries out, the esc has to be calibrated again, and the Traxxas link app doesn't work properly because it thinks I'm driving an XO-1 car.

It doesn't matter, I don't drive on the track there, so what do you do with those adjustments 😃

Back