Making a ESC go full power with a button vs a servo tester

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boa721

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 80 amp thunder ESC, that works right now on a "servo tester "... but want to operate ESC with the push of a button, full power, on a momentary button. (Push on, let go, it goes off) this is for starting a model engine. So off (on) is all i need.

16811917734305859154610244256042.jpg

I'm working on something similar, I'm going to try and use a 555-timer IC. It can be set up to produce a PWM signal, wired right, the button would adjust the signal by changing the resistance across the right pins.

I haven't worked out the exact values for R1, R2, and C yet, I think you may need to also use a diode to get the right PWM characteristics.

I'm working on something similar, I'm going to try and use a 555-timer IC. It can be set up to produce a PWM signal, wired right, the button would adjust the signal by changing the resistance across the right pins.

I haven't worked out the exact values for R1, R2, and C yet, I think you may need to also use a diode to get the right PWM characteristics.
That is way above my pay grade. Lol
I know low voltage and high voltage, but not electronics

that will work but bec .allowed amount is a tad low.unit has 4.8 to 5 volts add says max 6 volts??

Can only find it on aliexpress.. that the only place to buy it??

Can only find it on aliexpress.. that the only place to buy it??

I've purchased a complete starter from that vendor before, they're reputable.

that will work but bec .allowed amount is a tad low.unit has 4.8 to 5 volts add says max 6 volts??

It's meant to work with their own brushless onboard starter, but any low-voltage BEC should be fine.

Back