maintenance question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeibarra1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm really looking into getting my first nitro rc car.....the thing is i want to know wat i should be replacing and how often after i get it...i dont mean any parts that will break, but rather parts that are part of maintenance, such as filters, ect.
thanks

Air filters and fuel filters both require regular maintenance, and glow plugs are always a good thing to have a few of around. I have seen them last for a year and I have seen them last for a day. After run oil is another good idea to have around. With a little preventative maintenance your engine will last much longer and perform better longer.

Threadlock is always a fun thing for Nitro vehicles too...otherwise things will vibrate out and ruin your day....Also buy a temp gun to keep an eye on how hot your running to aid in your tuning efforts.

thanks a lot guys

Lets not forget batteries, lots and lots of batteries...Make sure they're good before each run, otherwise there goes your car lol. Fail Safe too.

Back