Magazine Must Have!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I always like to share useful resources with fellow members, and I ran across a great one today. It's the RC Buyers Guide 2008. The product reviews are useful, but the tech articles are absolutely brilliant.

I haven't ordered any lipos because franky I have been doing research but still had a lot to learn. Well now I'm comfortable enough in my knowledge to order the right battery pack for my application and know how to properly charge and balance it. There's also good info on tuning a nitro engine, how to set up your RC so it starts on the first pull, and several other useful articles. Some of you veterans might not need all the information, but for someone like me, it's one of the best magazines I've bought in a while. Only one I've read cover to cover and felt like I needed to know every single piece of information in there.

Just thought I would let you guys know that it could be a very valuable RC resource to keep near the workbench.

I need to get up to date on my battery info. Got lipo in my Blade, but that is what it came with. Still don't know much about them.
Wanting to get a park flyer for around the house. Brushless maybe? Don't know anything about that.

Maybe I'll try to pick up that one this weekend?

oh yea, that's another thing I forgot to mention, one of the articles was about maintaining a brushless motor, and it really explained things well. I have a brushless setup on the shelf until I learn more about the electric stuff and the lipos, so these articles were invaluable to me. I hope that it will help ya out digger, maybe you could skim it there at the store. I would really hate to recommend something and then you spend your money on it only to realize you already knew everything in the articles. I know that you know your way around these things WAY more than I do.