Madfire shock upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKER

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What's up guys? New to the hobby, so I got a Exceed Madfire. I'm looking for a good shock upgrade. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? THANKS

Please Read

I suggest you send it back and get your money back before you get stuck with it. The first Nitro R/C I bought was a Exceeds and man it was a mistake for one your local hobby shop will not have parts to fit it and it sucks to be playing and break something and then it takes 2 weeks to get the replacement part. I had mine about 3 weeks and threw it in the trash and bought me a Traxxas Revo and its a whole new world man I'm telling you you will be suprised in the way a Traxxas is built. Read some of there forums on there website and all you read is pissed off customers. Sorry didn't mean to talk bad about your R/C I'm really just trying to help you and save you a ton of headache. If you dont have a choice but to stick with Exceeds I recommend not dumping a lot of money in it till you have had it for a month and see if its worth your time cause i made the other mistake of buying all these expensive upgrades and put them on then dumped the car after getting so frustrated about trying to get a part for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the above statement. Spending the extra money on a quality rc saves a lot of headaches down the road. Cheaper in the long run as well. Welcome to the site!

Ya i went through two exceeds before i realized they were crap! It made me angry having to fix them after almost every run! :angry:

Exceeds

Exceeds are great starter cars for you to learn what NOT to do on a expensive one but as far as everyday bashing not so good. I bought mine and really learned alot about experimenting on Nitro motors and didnt really care if I messed the motor up then when I got my Revo I knew what not to do so I guess there ok for that but definatly not worth dumping any money in just go ahead and upgrade your self to a LHS model or if you keep the Exceeds you will be :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: and thats not what your suppose to be its suppose to be a fun hobby for the person not aggravating all the time.

Me too bro everytime I got my car out it was something even if I just wanted to run it up and down the street.

I've had my over 8 months now. Only thing thats broke has been the rear shock. That was due too poor driving skills. I guess nobody knows what kind of shocks I can fit this piece of grap with then?

shocks

I've had my over 8 months now. Only thing thats broke has been the rear shock. That was due too poor driving skills. I guess nobody knows what kind of shocks I can fit this piece of grap with then?

The only thing I know to tell you is take it to your LHS and see if they can match up something good for you or try to order shocks from exceeds rc.com I reall dont think that exceeds sells upgrade shocks though so your LHS is prob going to be your best bet.

+1. Find some that are the same length, or close, that are made by a good manufacturer.

What's up guys? New to the hobby, so I got a Exceed Madfire. I'm looking for a good shock upgrade. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? THANKS

well i suggest you give it back or else you will get for what you pay for

btw most but not all ofna lx1 or mbx parts fit this so you can possibly put the lx1 shocks on it

I suggest you send it back and get your money back before you get stuck with it. The first Nitro R/C I bought was a Exceeds and man it was a mistake for one your local hobby shop will not have parts to fit it and it sucks to be playing and break something and then it takes 2 weeks to get the replacement part. I had mine about 3 weeks and threw it in the trash and bought me a Traxxas Revo and its a whole new world man I'm telling you you will be suprised in the way a Traxxas is built. Read some of there forums on there website and all you read is pissed off customers. Sorry didn't mean to talk bad about your R/C I'm really just trying to help you and save you a ton of headache. If you dont have a choice but to stick with Exceeds I recommend not dumping a lot of money in it till you have had it for a month and see if its worth your time cause i made the other mistake of buying all these expensive upgrades and put them on then dumped the car after getting so frustrated about trying to get a part for it.

i think that was stupid of you to say that because of one bad car/buggy/truck/truggy i reall like exceed and the madfirecso i suggest going to nitrorcx.com then find it go under spare parts and find the big bore shocks

Back