M8, M11, JR-Z1, or KO EX-10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I held both of the radios. And since I own a JR XS3, it would be a natural upgrade to buy the EX10.

I know I can get used to the M11. The feel of it initially, felt a little bulky, but its a damn nice radio.

What I'm worried about are the features. I want to make sure the EX10 has the same or close to, the same features as the M11.

This is a tad off base, but if you have an older spektrum module it may not fit in the m11. If you happen to have this problem call customer service @ 877-504-0233.

the reason it doesn't fit is because the m11 has 2 more module pins that the m8 did not have. You can mod your spek module by drilling 2 small holes to accomedate or call customer service and they will hook you up.

Thanks for the heads up vb.

VB is right. They just discussed this in the new issue of XRC.

Well, I went ahead and bought the EX10. I should be getting it in the mail next week.

good choice. That is what I am saving my pennies for, as well as the spectrum module for it.

Thanks Diver. Makes me feel good that you are buying the same radio. I respect your opinion.

Yeah I can't wait to get it. In the end, it was all about how the radio felt, and also, my familiarity with JR radios, that made me decide to get the EX10. Plus, after looking at all the features, the EX10 and M11 had almost the same amount of features. The M11 had a little more options, but they were options I'd never use. Can't wait to get my EX10.

I heard the R-1 module fits the EX-10....also noticed it was cheaper...might look into it Diver....LMK as a friend (who was shunned from here) is looking to upgrade his ex to DSM.....

Well, I regret getting the DX3 from spectrum. I'm gonna offload that one and sell it once I get the EX-10. Damn, I gotta go dig through a lot of recycling bags to get those soda cans and bottles.

lol Yeah I didn't like the DX3 either. Its made from the JR XR3 I believe. They shoud have built it from the XS3pro.

Plaid - I believe the R1 module and the EX10 module are the same.

yeah but you can bring em to Pathmark and meet all th einteresting people who do that for a living..... :D

snowboard: I'd definately check that one good cause I just looked and there are 2 part numbers 1 for each radio's DSM.....I did get the tip from an extremely knowledgeable LHS person though...

this is my plan for getting a spektrum helios. i am going to buy the AM version of the helios and just change the module for spektrum. this will save me about $80.

Well, I was going to get an EX-10 but realized I had a perfectly good radio that can take the DSM module. I'll put the EX-10 on hold for now. Gotta pay the bills first, but I got rid of the DX3. It didn't suit my needs. Not enough adjustability and I have more cars than the radio can take.

What radio are you going to use now Diver?

I just say an M8 with spektrum, go for 220 shipped. Not too bad. I was almost tempted to get it.

I saw my friends DX3. I didn't see and EPA features on it???

I am using my Futaba 3PJs. Already have it and it can take the DSM Module. The manual for it is like an encyclopedia, but it has a lot of functions that I will be needing, other than the exponential settings. I figure, the money I got from selling the DX3 can go to geting me the module/receiver unit AND an extra receiver for my other car since I get a pretty good deal at my LHS.

The DX3 has EPA and Dual rate for the steering. It's just a JR Xr2 that has been rebadged. There's also a throttle, steering and thrid channel mix for those r/c's that use multiple steering throttles, multiple engines and/or minservos for engine mixtures. It is, AT BEST, a basic radio for the basher or begining racer.

As far as features with my 3PJs, it's got all the things that the ex-10 has. It's just not as "pretty" and doesn't have a jog dial so it's a little bit harder to use on the fly. I don't mind. I'm just waiting for the new stuff to come out for Christmas. I just wanted to get rid of this radio and get it to someone that can really use it. I look at the DX3 and just scratch my head as to why i bought it, other than for the dsm feature. DOH! I'm never going back to anything but DSM.

Last edited:
I agree...DSM is the only way to go for me. I went to the track today, and loved having the feeling that I didn't have to worry about someone using my channel. Also, my problems with glitching went away as well.

Definitely look into getting an EX10. My favorite features are the subtrims (so much adjustment ability) and the speed control of the throttle and steering. I have my throttle dialed in at 80% speed to smoothen out the power a little bit. It works great!

Back