M8, M11, JR-Z1, or KO EX-10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowboardgeek1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm ready to upgrade my radio. I currently have a JR XS3, but I'm looking for a high end radio.

My choices are the M8, M11, JR Z-1, or KO Propo EX10. All choices will need a spektrum.

From the looks of it, the EX10 and the Z-1 are the same radio, except that the EX10 can be found for a lot less in price than the Z-1. Am I wrong in thinking they are the same radio?

What about the M11? Price wise, cheapest I found is around 290 shipped. Does it matter which M11 model I get (ex. 27mhz or 75mhz) since I will be upgrading to Spektrum anyhow?

The M8 with spektrum, can he had for less than 300, which intrigues me because at least I'll have spektrum and the M8 is a great radio from what I've heard.

The JR Z1 is basically a synthesized version of the EX-10 but the EX-10 can be upgraded to the spektrum module.

I've got a M11 for 270 shipped if your interested pm me

Get the 3PK hands down best radio imo.

M11 looks terribly unbalanced.

I'm an M-8 /11 fan. Looks are deceiving as far as balance goes. The radio fits me like a glove. I have big hands. There is a reason that the M-8 is the most popular among the pros, it works and feels great as well as being easy to operate. If you like to see the graphics of your settings, the 11 has this. If your comfortable looking at a number on the screen the 8 will do just fine. As you mentioned the M-8 is a great value right now after the 11 came on the market. If you shop hard, you will be able to do better then 300 with the spektrum module. I'm not sure if the module is available for the 27 but I know it is for the 75.

I can't compare the M-8 /11 with other radios. I haven't used any others long enough to form an opinion. The M-8 has treated me well for MANY years.

Ed I beleive th emodule is what dictates the frequency the radio runs on....i.e. if you change the module from a 27mhz to a 74mhz your radio is now operating on the higher frequency.....obviously you'l need to match the Rx to the frequency you run on....the Spektrum Module for the Airtronics radio (shold be same for 8 & 11)will just change the signal frequency from 27Mhz to 2.4Ghz.....

Let me research it but I believe they are different units. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, and it may not be the last.

-------------------------
:bow: to the fish......
I thought due to the fact that they were always listed as separate units that there was a difference. In my reading I see that there is also an AM module that can be added for the little Mini-Z. This would lead me to the assumption t hat it is ONLY the module that dictates the frequency.

I WAS WRONG!! :trout:

LOL....well I do design low voltage electronics controls systems for a living......No Need to bow.....kissing the ring will do

The ring on your sphincter? eeeeeeeeeeew, nasty!

Diver is thinking about your Ass.... Again....
I think he is fixated on it. Better watch out he has his fins and snorkel on, hes goin down.

Diver.....Dude....C'mon.......I meant the ring around my C#@K.....adn stop thinkin about my ass...it's hairy and now overweight.....

Plaidfish said:
stop thinkin about my ass...it's hairy and now overweight.....
So you're saying it looks like a sea anemone? No wonder you have a clownfish for your avatar!
img0079.jpg

Damnit, I'm gonna have to close my shower windows now...you Suck!

Rob's R/C Hobbies in Garden Grove has the M11 with Rx for 259.00. Just went by there today and he has several in stock.

Wow, that's a great price. I found a guy offering an M11 with DSM for 410 shipped. Right now, that seems to be the best price.

I found another guy selling an KO ex10 helios with DSM for 300 shipped.

Now I just opened up another can of worms...do you guys think the EX10 is just as good as the M11 as far as features? I like the feel of the EX10, but the majority of our racers, use an M8. Is the M8 just as good as the M11 if I were to add spektrum to it?

I know everyone near that gets the EX-10 loves it...fully adjustable wheel position and if you use their digi servos the specs are unbeleivable on some of them....but only when used w/ the KO radio.....

Damn, I just got paid, and now, I'm having a hard time deciding, should I go with the M11, or the EX10. Arghhhh...decisions, decisions. I have the chance to get either radio today.

I need more advice guys! :)

When your dealing with the best equipment it boils down to preference. The only way you will know is to go hold them and see how they feel. Other then that its all about ease of use and what you think. You will find that they all have close to the same features but go about getting to them in different ways.

Its easy to say get a t-bone rather then a hamburger. You need to decide where to go eat.

Back