Luke's Rustler MM (mid motor)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update! got my trans in finally. so i put the whole thing back together and drove it for the second time (first time the trans went out) this thing is a total BLAST. wheelies, speed, great handling, its all here! got some pics for yall. the tires were stolen from the STASH. View attachment 172943 View attachment 172944
Trucks looking good. I'd get a turn buckle and screw into the old throttle servo spot. The other end to the tranny or shock tower to stabilize it. Just my opinion.

Any new updates?
not really, put a new motor in. pops even better wheelies now. the body is getting shredded a lot faster than i hoped lol
Trucks looking good. I'd get a turn buckle and screw into the old throttle servo spot. The other end to the tranny or shock tower to stabilize it. Just my opinion.
Luke is helping me make a chassis brace that hooks up to the front shock tower. i can't use a camber link on the servo spot cause the battery gets in the way.

Looks good Luke, I did one of these back in the day also. :)
SDC12039.JPG

Last edited:
Any updates on it?
I didn't like the way it handled, so I tore it all back apart and just built a regular Nitro Rusty. Maybe it was just the tires IDK, but I felt like without having the weight of the motor more over the rear wheels, it would spin out too easy. That being said, I was only running mine on pavement. It might have performed better off-road.

Got some Tank-no M6 Driveshafts on. Stripped the original nylon hex. Got some aluminum ones on today. hopefully this ends my drivetrain probs.

I'll try to post pics later :thumbs-up:

P.S.
this thing has become my baby. I'm legit doing Math with it on my lap. (I'm homeschooled so i can do stupid stuff like that)

Last edited:
i actually took that off, it ran really cool even without it, and it's a ripper.
but hey, thanks!

I also built a backyard track, this thing is fuuuuun on it. @DavidB1126 rusty would be faster tho. maybe even on 2s. this thing is just really hard to hold grip with. the locked diff and horrible tires help no one.

Back