Luke's Rustler MM (mid motor)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also built a backyard track,
About time init?
@DavidB1126 rusty would be faster tho. maybe even on 2s.
Hobbywing 4000kv brushless system. 27/76 gearing. 2s. About 42 mph I say. Since my GPS dont work no more for some reason. On 3s tho, I might have to gear slightly down but I should be able to be in the mid 50s. If I can control it since I never seen or handle that power before.
. this thing is just really hard to hold grip with. the locked diff and horrible tires help no one.
Maybe try some actual street tires?
Heck, when I had six pack duratrax tires on my slash, soo much traction, but those tires lasted like 4 bashes before they got worn down.

wayAbout time init?

Hobbywing 4000kv brushless system. 27/76 gearing. 2s. About 42 mph I say. Since my GPS dont work no more for some reason. On 3s tho, I might have to gear slightly down but I should be able to be in the mid 50s. If I can control it since I never seen or handle that power before.

Maybe try some actual street tires?
Heck, when I had six pack duratrax tires on my slash, soo much traction, but those tires lasted like 4 bashes before they got worn down.
tires are on the tippy-top of my list for the rusty. but seeing that i may soon have a SWB Arrma 6S Street Car on the way, I kinda got have $$$ for that.

The thing is, my track is a mix of dirt and asphalt. And the dirt is still partially covered in grass. Super low grip (My tires could be to blame, but IDK)
and yes, it is about time i get a little track going.

tires are on the tippy-top of my list for the rusty. but seeing that i may soon have a SWB Arrma 6S Street Car on the way, I kinda got have $$$ for that.

The thing is, my track is a mix of dirt and asphalt. And the dirt is still partially covered in grass. Super low grip (My tires could be to blame, but IDK)
and yes, it is about time i get a little track going.
What does your track look like?

i would love to make a dirt oval for mudboss racing

(Edit, like months later) Also we dont want to extend too far cuz the mowers. That's all I'll say...

Last edited:
i would love to make a dirt oval for mudboss racing
Ill come to your house first then, if you do that.
I wish I had a oval near me. But doesn't going around in circles look / seem boring? 🤔 🤣
Nearest oval is in DE near Ocean City. And they have a weird schedule.
Check out this guy on the YT: https://www.youtube.com/@TheRacinJason

Welp, the orignal MM builder (that's me, well, the MM name part anyhow) Is now being a nice guy and helping @DavidB1126 build one his own. @Lukedavis is helping with the parts (he had a nitro rusty chassis sitting around) and everyone's helping everyone. Y'all better keep updated. We young guns (so far me Luke and David, IDK where FRS is again) have got some big ideas..... Back to normalness.

I really wanted to take the rusty out to Indy RC world in Dallas TX. Where I am right now. But it couldn't happen. This thing has become a tank. It's the driveshafts, I tell you. Future plans? Well, right now, they're all under wraps.

So right now (no not really, I’m in the car on the way to California) I’m designing some sort of chassis brace. I’ve got ideas but nothing perfect, yet.

Also, I managed to bend my shock shafts again. So I’m just gonna run slightly bent shocks till I find a good budget set for the rear.

So right now (no not really, I’m in the car on the way to California) I’m designing some sort of chassis brace. I’ve got ideas but nothing perfect, yet.

Also, I managed to bend my shock shafts again. So I’m just gonna run slightly bent shocks till I find a good budget set for the rear.
I already designed a chassis brace for you lol

Back