LST2 - Next Generation of “Super Truck”

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
LST2 - Next Generation of “Super Truck”​

qtr-front.jpg

Team Losi’s LST “Super Truck” made a big impact on the monster truck market ultimately being recognized as the R/C Car Action “Truck of the Year”. Being a racing/engineering company where development never stops, Team Losi has taken what has been learned from hundreds of hours at the track as well as a lot of input from serious bashers to development the new LST2. This new “Super Truck” is a logical evolution of the LST and features a number of new, revised, and what were previously option parts. You get all the great features and attributes of the LST like the modular multi-deck chassis, two speed auto-shift transmission, dual range Hi/Low gear box, huge oil filled monster shocks on all four corners, the most powerful engine in it’s class, all metal transmission gears, JR’s XS3 premium synthesized radio system with dual metal geared steering servos as well as these new and revised parts

• Extra Heavy-Duty Oversized CV Driveshafts and Axles
• Aluminum Front and Rear Differential Cases
• 20mm Aluminum Wheel Drive Hexes
• 420 Series Dish Wheels with Low Profile Tires
• High Capacity Fuel Tank
• Racing Type Threaded Shock Bodies
• Mach 427 Big Block 7 Port Engine
• Hi-Performance Tuned Exhaust System
• Extra Strong Front and Rear Suspension Arms
• Revised Front Spindles and Carriers
• New Rear Wheel Hub Carriers
• Oversized front and Rear Axle Bearings
• Composite Dual Disk Brakes
• Revised Chassis Side Rails
• New Inner Gear Cover
• 1100ma Rechargeable Receiver Battery Pack and Charger
• Glow Igniter and 4-Way wheel/Glow Plug Wrench
• Sleek New Body Available in 2 Colors with Flame Paint Scheme
The combination of the proven LST platform and these new and revised parts make the LST2 the complete, high-performance, ready-to-run package that monster truck enthusiasts been looking for. Look for the new LST2 and all of the new parts to be in Hobby shops and at racetracks in plenty of time for Christmas.

LOSB0015 LST2 RTR Monster Truck w/XS3 Radio Suggest sell price 649.99

chassis.jpg

diff-case.jpg

suspension-arms.jpg

drive-axles.jpg

engine.jpg

multispeed-trans.jpg

spur-gears.jpg

All info from www.teamlosi.com

Last edited:
retread w/new engine, body, tires???

-ult

i still think they would sell a lot more of those if they ditched the electronics, or at least the Rx/Tx.

losb0010.jpg

its da same truck.. dif motor, tires, and body!!

yeah, whats up with that???? pretty lame if you ask me.

wow, pretty dumb. I agree with lessen. It is the TX and RX IMO that makes the car so expensive in this case...

If you look a little closer you will see bigger changes. Beefed up axles and arms. New side rails. They modified the hi/low shift knob. Threaded shocks and alu diff cases. And the pipe is different aswell.

guys there are alot of differance's between the first version and this one.

*new tires
*new wheels
*hex's
*cvd's
*spur cover
*diff case's
*body
*tank
*linkage
*motor
*pipe
*hi low knob
*air filter
*arm design an materal
ect

come on guys u gotta look closer... the purpose of this was to fix all the other problems with the first one... and i think they did a HELL of a job from the looks of it.

yeah but how much is this latest greatest beast from losi????

well i think they were a little smarter with priceing this one.. ur lookin at around 500-550

Losi needs to ditch the motor/pipe, all electronics and release this in kit form with a clear body.

Nice that they address the weaknesses of the first one, but one of the main issues was the price.

Look at the LST, then look at team losi hop up options for the truck, Then you get the LST2, stock truck with all the losi hop ups with some new wheels and tires and beefed up axels.Just doesn't seem that appealing when you add the two together.

HPI did the same thing with savage SS 4.6 compaired to the old SS kit., new motor and just some hop-ups....

Last edited:
Losi also redesigned the rear arms with fixed hubs.

Everybody ios neglecting the fact that this is selling for the same price range as the regular LST. There is no way you could buy and LST and upgrade all these parts for the price difference between the LST and the LST2...

Everybody who was buying the original LST was upgrading to the aluminum diff cases and beefier control arms anyways, which is 50-60 bucks worth of parts and the threaded shock bodies are another 30 bucks. If the original LST is selling right around 600 and the LST2 is sellgin between 600 and 650 it seems like this is a really good deal for an RTR with nice radio equipment. Probably a good first RC as it'll free you up from having to buy a radio for your next one :)

lol. So many things wrong with the first one they just put out another one all together.(quoted from a friend) I definately agree, the should sell an LST without the electronics, the price tag is rediculous.

The LST isnt a truck for someone on a tight budget. Along with alot of stuff. If you can't afford it that is no reason to knock it. The first truck was garbage an had ALOT of problems, this one gets rid of most if not ALL the problems. There isnt a RTR that can COMPARE to this truck, hands down. They did one hell of a job with the LST2...... If you get the price of hte servo's, radio N receiver, an motor your basicly around 500$..... so ur paying 150 for the truck ;)

wiow i just relized that nitro freak, now i understand why everyone says buggys are so much more expensive :p (400-500 bucks a kit :D)

yup the stuff isnt cheap, i just got back from the hobby shop and i spent $100 bux an i have almost NOTHIN lol that post wasn't intended to start a flame war.... just to post my thougts on the subject.

Back