lst xxl engine flywheel help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdk09

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I'm building my xxl2 with novarrossi rex 28-8 engine, my problem is i can't be able to fit using lst stock flywheel, the clutch bell will past the engine shaft maybe .2mm and i can't used the screw to lock it in place otherwise it will lock the clutch bell, please i really need help here, its been a couple of days trying to figure out whats problem but still have no luck, i saw a lot of people running this engine in their lst, i just want to know what clutch bell to use or is there any trick, any input is really much appreciated please, thank you..

I'm building my xxl2 with novarrossi rex 28-8 engine, my problem is i can't be able to fit using lst stock flywheel, the clutch bell will past the engine shaft maybe .2mm and i can't used the screw to lock it in place otherwise it will lock the clutch bell, please i really need help here, its been a couple of days trying to figure out whats problem but still have no luck, i saw a lot of people running this engine in their lst, i just want to know what clutch bell to use or is there any trick, any input is really much appreciated please, thank you..

Have you looked into a different engine mount that allows you to slide an adjust the engine back & fourth ,
rather than side to side?

Have you looked into a different engine mount that allows you to slide an adjust the engine back & fourth ,
rather than side to side?

My problem is i Can’t fit the stock clutch bell,the shaft seems short, I can’t secure the bell in place using the screw, if I will tighten it the bell will also lock it won’t turn, thanks for the quick response.

My problem is i Can’t fit the stock clutch bell,the shaft seems short, I can’t secure the bell in place using the screw, if I will tighten it the bell will also lock it won’t turn, thanks for the quick response.

Yea ,but I also thought that you had an alignment issue as well with the spur gear!

You might need a different flywheel as well ,some are thicker than others!

Ok thanks, I will look on to other flywheel..I hope someone who have the same set up will chime in to help me find the right flywheel, again thanks..

Gwt the ofna shim kit. It comes with 2 sizes of flanged bushings that fit in the bell sort of extending the crank.

Found 2 other options available at amain

Screenshot_20181028-220613_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20181028-220544_Samsung Internet.jpg

wow! looks like this is the one I'm looking for, i can still used the stock flywheel, thank you very very very much SV250

Here she is..

Attachments

• E6896CD2-F7EF-4E7A-9923-438B59C2499A.jpeg
    E6896CD2-F7EF-4E7A-9923-438B59C2499A.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 164
  • 4236514A-4957-4BBF-8439-8DB10A966B50.jpeg
    4236514A-4957-4BBF-8439-8DB10A966B50.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 178
  • E7A80987-E46D-4721-B003-09635797D084.jpeg
    E7A80987-E46D-4721-B003-09635797D084.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 153
Beautiful truck!...:thumbs-up:

The reason I asked ,is because ,Losi put out a gas version ,an it has a different much thicker flywheel!
I assume that it is the 2 spd. clutch bell with the two gears on it!

The only thing you can do ,is to try to find a thinner flywheel an thinner clutch shoes!

I seen sv250 showed some options ,I've never seen those types of parts before ,I'm glad he showed them
in case that I might need them!.....:hehe:

Usually ,most big block crank shafts are the same length ,I would try a small bushing about the same diameter
as the crank shaft with a longer screw ,maybe cut the tip off an old crank shaft to the length you need to use
as an extender bushing!..:cool:

Thanks, the first part that sv250 showed has already in my shopping cart, yes me too it’s my first time to see that this part exist lol, this slowing down my build, I’m stuck with this problem.

Just an update the serpent thrust bearing spacer will not work either, problem with alignment between spur and and the bell, the nitro forum is really dying, I can’t get any more answers from different rc online forum, the very sad truth lol..

We all been involved in RC;s for many years ,but all of us didn't build or modify every RC on the market!....
I only get response here in this forum, so thank you very much for the help, I’ve tried other rc websites but have no luck.?

My lst2 with picco and tini gears. I am using that bushing in the shim kit for alignmdnt

Screenshot_20181030-002154_Samsung Internet.jpg