Lst 2 rear diff assembly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenstaly

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I just bought a losi lst2 and there is no rear differential at all what can I do? I really can't find anything. Anyone got ideas?

Try on chop shops, this is one example, or you can built it by parts. The link I provided is for a 3XL, but, for what I understood, they are the same. You should check the exploded views for both

Check the parts explosions for part numbers. I think the diff gears changed after the LST2. I could be wrong, but I thought they changed them. Download the parts explosions for both and compare them before you buy a new diff. I think the Aftershock/LST1/LST2 all used the same diffs. The aftershock used plastic diff cases, but the LST/LST2 used alloy, otherwise they were the same. Towards the end of the LST2 era, they came out with better diff cups that had metal inserts for the x-pins as well. I upgraded my aftershock with those and the alloy diff cases after the first 6 months or so and never took them apart again in the 2+ years I had it after.

EDIT:
Well, I thought they differed... I downloaded the LST1, LST2, LST XXL, LST2 XXL, LST 3XL-E manuals and they all use the same part number for the ring/pinion, LOSB3534. I really thought at least the LSt2 XXL had different diffs to deal with the lower RPM's of the "gas" engine vs nitro.

Anyway, appears your safe getting pretty much any variation of LST diffs. Just don't accidentally buy the mini-lst stuff. The front and rear diffs are the same, but if they are selling them with the center cvd, those are different lengths.

Last edited:
Back