LRP Z28 Spoec.2 & Ofna Blazer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mondo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought an LRP Z.28 Spec 2 Engine for my Ofna Blazer which currently runs an HN .25
As you can see the LRP comes with a pullstarter and a rather large crankcase.
The problem is that the Blazer's engine mountings are too low for this motor - they are 17mm high. The LRP engine requires mounts that are 22-25mm high.
Thunder Tiger's Pro21BX engine also requires higher engine mounts, but the Thunder Tiger mounts are too short for the LRP engine.

I've contacted three of the UK's top Nitro hobby shops and none of them have engine mounts high enough to facilitate the LRP engine. I was wondering is any of our North American enthusiasts have come across this problem and hopefully found a viable solution that does not rerquire spacers or a trip to a local engineering shop.

Thanks,

Mondo

In my Ofna Blazer, i have found that you can't put a pull start or roto start engine in there, because the mounts are long and right up close to the engine...

Engine Mounts

I wish my problem was that simple.
The bottom line is I need a higher/taller engine mount for the Blazer.
They just don't exist in the UK, so I hope than someone in the U.S. can at least steer me in the right direction.
Any ideas anyone?

i think there was a member on this site who can make custom mounts or knew someone who can