Low tank lean fix?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolproof

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Is there a fix for it? Seems with my new picco it wants to get warmer when the tank gets down to 1/4. It doesn't over heat but it does go up 15 or so degrees.

Check the gasket on the filler cap. They can sometimes go bad causing the lean condition.

Don't let it go below 1/2 or else tune when it's at 1/3 tank.

hi, i use a short tank to carb line and a very long coiled exhaust to tank line,,, i found that this way made my car easier to tune (more consistent) and lowered the effects of low fuel level. :D
you will need to alter needle settings if you do this but i liked the results.

I Dont think there is a fix...

I was gonna get a single steering servo setup so i cld get the Tekno fuel tank upgrade kit.. You can to 250cc

In fact wasn't that your thread..??
Either way as soon as i knew you cld do that that was my first thought...
that way you wont get the problem so soon..I mean its still gonna happen but not as quick..

winsta said:
hi, i use a short tank to carb line and a very long coiled exhaust to tank line,,, i found that this way made my car easier to tune (more consistent) and lowered the effects of low fuel level.
you will need to alter needle settings if you do this but i liked the results.

LOL we must have been posting at the same time cause ur post was not there b4 i typed mine...
Anyway...That is something I'm DEFINATLY gonna try...

i got that info off here originally!! obviously different lengths will give different results because you are altering the amount of time it takes for pressure to build,, in my 1/10 with 15 engine my pressure line is about 25cm long...

I Dont think there is a fix...

I was gonna get a single steering servo setup so i cld get the Tekno fuel tank upgrade kit.. You can to 250cc

In fact wasn't that your thread..??
Either way as soon as i knew you cld do that that was my first thought...
that way you wont get the problem so soon..I mean its still gonna happen but not as quick..

Yeah it was, Just was hoping for a little bit cheaper fix. lol

Well I'm gonna give the fuel line trick a shot first...
If that dont work then bigger tank it is..

Unless some1 comes up with an answer ?

But i honestly dont think there is..!!

i got that info off here originally!! obviously different lengths will give different results because you are altering the amount of time it takes for pressure to build,, in my 1/10 with 15 engine my pressure line is about 25cm long...
So you want the exhaust pressure to take longer to build? Doesn't make sense. I run my exhaust to tank line as short as possible so the exhaust pushes the fuel asap. The lower your tank is on fuel the longer it takes to build that pressure, so lengthening the line only adds to that. We are only talking about fractions of a second here, but for that fraction of a second your engine has to pull the fuel from the tank. Take your exhaust line off, you'll see that it runs fine until mid throttle then starves.

when you make your pressure line longer all you are doing is making the pressure changes more consistent and lowering the surges ,, when i did this i adjusted to a richer setting so the slightly lower pressures could move fuel more easily..

i don't claim to be a guru I'm just speaking from my own experiences.

:)

What tank are you guys running? The 125cc or the 150cc?

I have the 150cc on mine and don't notice a lean out when it goes empty. I'm not running a real thirsty engine though, XTM24.7.

That said, I am running a long pressure line since I run a side pipe. I also run a long intake line.

What tank are you guys running? The 125cc or the 150cc?

I have the 150cc on mine and don't notice a lean out when it goes empty. I'm not running a real thirsty engine though, XTM24.7.

That said, I am running a long pressure line since I run a side pipe. I also run a long intake line.

Yeah I like the 150 on my 3.3 much better than the 125.

Well today i took my Revo down the local dirt bike track with a short pressure line and a short intake line.. I've got the 150cc tank and i think it worked a treat..

Usually i can tell when its gettin low but today it completly ran out 4 times...
Didnt notice a thing untill it died.. But now I'm actually worried cause I've heard thats not good to do (run a tank empty)...

Guess ill just have to check it more often...

Back