lost compression??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrohuffer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok. when I finally can get my AE .15 mills to run, she will only run with the glow igniter on. As soon as I take it off she dies. ALSO, I can see fuel spewing out of the bottom of the head. I took the head off and checked the shim, she looks fine...not bent, flat as a 10 yr old ;)
So I checked the pinch of the sleeve and piston.. barely any at all. Slightly tight when it is all the way tdc. I put some high tach sealant on the head and seems fine. No leaks. after running the 10gt for a few (bout 3 tanks) there seems to zero pop to the mill. new motor time? or just a sleeve and piston?? thanks in advance guys!!

get it pinched by Ray racing.......cheaper and as long as the conrod is good you'll get alot more fun out of it before chucking it in the RC junkpile....

If the motor still screams and idles fine you can get a bit more out of it. You could get the sleeve pinched to bring back the pinch if you want. Or you could replace the piston and sleeve completely.

However if you had to seal the head and it wore out right after that it may be time for a new mill. Something sounds a little off here.

If you do go for a new mill I would suggest the O.S. .18 CV-RX. Its aorund 100 bucks and has tons of power, plenty for your gt.

Thanks fellas.. I seriously think the motor is done. AC48, I've been looking at the OS :)
Tower has it really cheap right now.. I think I might just pick that pig up!

It's a good engine. I had an OS 15 cv-r(x) (same breed as the 18) and I got 10 gallons through it, then traded the truck it was in.

I also had the OS 18, just sold it for $60... I had ran about 10 tanks through it.