Lost and getting down 😞

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdshinkle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I'm flabbergasted and getting a little I don't even know what feeling. Just since February 2024. I've had 2 tekin rx8 gen3 esc's crap out on me. 2 tekin t8 2650kv motors rotors explode a hobbystar 4268 sensored 1450kv rotor explode. A furitek python esc burn up and countless other parts like tires links servos gears shocks etc. just act like it had the poster of wet cardboard I don't understand what the deal is. I understand stuff wears out. But there just isn't any way possible idc what anyone tries to say because All the stuff I listed was bought brand new this year 2024 except the furitek python esc that was bought November 2023 anyways I just wanted to vent. Thanks

What rigs are you running with each rig system and what kind of terrain are you running on?
Welcome in by the way.
The Tekin systems are awesome and the company is only a 1 1/2 hours from me.
Here is the site, you might contact them and tell them the issues you are having.

Tekin

Welcome

All motors have an RPM limit... if you are running a high-cell-count battery, it can be hard on some.

Excessive heat can also contribute to rotors coming 'unglued'. Do you have a heat gun and periodically check your motor temp during use?

Thank you for your reply. No no heat gun but the rx8 gen3 has data logging. And my battery is a zees 4s 80000mah 130c this was in my traction hobby ford raptor. Spur gear 50t. Pinion gear 16t. 2.2 120mm tall tires so pretty short tires for 2.2 wheels. It's got me stumped

What rigs are you running with each rig system and what kind of terrain are you running on?
Welcome in by the way.
The Tekin systems are awesome and the company is only a 1 1/2 hours from me.
Here is the site, you might contact them and tell them the issues you are having.

Tekin
Thank you for your reply and for welcoming I love their products. I've talked to them they have been super friendly all they could do was only charge me 150 for the second rx8 instead of the 219 I had it in my traction hobby ford raptor with the t8 2650kv gen3 motor zees 4s 8000mah 130c battery. 50t spur and 16t pinion and literally in my yard and on road some 2.2 wheels 120mm tall tires sorry fairly short tire for 2.2s I've switched over to the hobby wing ezrun max6 g2 esc waiting on motor to arrive at the moment also just got an infraction 3s pre-owned roller idk what system to put in it yet I've not messed with the whole speed thing yet I've mainly just crawled with my trx4 or trailed with the raptor if you don't mind me asking what are you currently driving. And any advice on getting started with speed runs would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
What ever you're doing, it's not working for you. You might consider the advice above. And it wont break the bank. :cool:

Oh I almost forgot. Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge to be had here. Great folks. 🏁 Good luck.

Last edited:
Speaking from personal experience, it seems like it may be your driving style or your cars set up wrong for where your driving.

Heres the deal TNT, my guess is, OP is a little frustrated so I understand his post.
I'm sure he wasn't looking for a smartass reply, he was asking for help.

Thank you for your reply. No no heat gun but the rx8 gen3 has data logging. And my battery is a zees 4s 80000mah 130c this was in my traction hobby ford raptor. Spur gear 50t. Pinion gear 16t. 2.2 120mm tall tires so pretty short tires for 2.2 wheels. It's got me stumped

Thank you for your reply and for welcoming I love their products. I've talked to them they have been super friendly all they could do was only charge me 150 for the second rx8 instead of the 219 I had it in my traction hobby ford raptor with the t8 2650kv gen3 motor zees 4s 8000mah 130c battery. 50t spur and 16t pinion and literally in my yard and on road some 2.2 wheels 120mm tall tires sorry fairly short tire for 2.2s I've switched over to the hobby wing ezrun max6 g2 esc waiting on motor to arrive at the moment also just got an infraction 3s pre-owned roller idk what system to put in it yet I've not messed with the whole speed thing yet I've mainly just crawled with my trx4 or trailed with the raptor if you don't mind me asking what are you currently driving. And any advice on getting started with speed runs would be greatly appreciated
Sometimes it takes the process of elimination, I would start with going down a tooth or two on the pinion
and maybe try smaller tires. The 2..2 might be too big for what terrain you are running in.

He was NOT ASKING for Help. as he SAID he dont care what our Opinions might be .Cuz he knows all there is to know about RC(my added comment)He deserves any ridicule that Goes his way...

Maybe you should go back to bed and try getting up on the other side. 🤣

He said he dont care what others say.. heat gun wrong Term used there he dont want more heat..and he dont care..you see he leaves out all details on all.
just get a LOL from me .
I'm sorry I wasn't meaning I don't care what anyone says literally I was just using it as an expression. I do care for any and all advice that's my bad on poor choice of words. I do have a heat gun or hot air gun but I don't have a temperature checker or thermal reader idk what it's called but aren't the esc and motor temps accurate in the data logging

He was NOT ASKING for Help. as he SAID he dont care what our Opinions might be .Cuz he knows all there is to know about RC(my added comment)He deserves any ridicule that Goes his way...
Thank you

so tells us what rc and what kinda batteries and everything you added from pinion to spurs cell count so on please ?

Also I can assure you I do not not even in the slightest know all when it comes to rc I apologize to anyone for my poor choice of words

Traction hobby ford raptor 50t spur 16t pinion a zees 4s 8000mah 130c I think the differential main gear is 30 tooth and pinion is either 10 or 14 I'm not sure exactly on that one

Last edited:
Also I can assure you I do not not even in the slightest know all when it comes to rc I apologize to anyone for my poor choice of words

Traction hobby ford raptor 50t spur 16t pinion a zees 4s 8000mah 130c I think the differential main gear is 30 tooth and pinion is either 10 or 14 I'm not sure exactly on that one

None of us know it all, that's why we are here to share, and learn. :thumbs-up: Some folks are just crankier than others. Never be afraid to ask.

did you have a servo saver installed?
I'm not a fan of Zee batteries.to me they are cheap junk and under stress they will loose voltage

There's no servo saver on the traction hobby raptor but there is one on the infraction but I haven't gotten to drive the infraction yet still waiting on all the parts to be delivered

And ya in the data logging you can watch the voltage fluctuate way to much or ripple

I think what ever is wrong can be figured out. Don't give up the ship. 🇺🇲.

Speaking from personal experience, it seems like it may be your driving style or your cars set up wrong for where your driving.
Not wanting to admit it but I can be a bit trigger happy. But I was thinkin or hoping the rx8 gen3 capable of 300a continuous per phase and the t8 would've been able to handle a little abuse but my wife is always telling me I'm hard on stuff lol

I'm flabbergasted and getting a little I don't even know what feeling. Just since February 2024. I've had 2 tekin rx8 gen3 esc's crap out on me. 2 tekin t8 2650kv motors rotors explode a hobbystar 4268 sensored 1450kv rotor explode. A furitek python esc burn up and countless other parts like tires links servos gears shocks etc. just act like it had the poster of wet cardboard I don't understand what the deal is. I understand stuff wears out. But there just isn't any way possible idc what anyone tries to say because All the stuff I listed was bought brand new this year 2024 except the furitek python esc that was bought November 2023 anyways I just wanted to vent. Thanks
Hey man it sounds like you might have a problem with overpower. You better charge you might be defective and getting too much voltage to your batteries and turn over powering everything else and then frying it. I run Nitro so I'm not real familiar with the ESC. Servos do crap out but not generally when they're new or even the first year or two. You could have a temp problem also if it's getting excessively hot. May want to drill some holes in your windshield I had to on mine. Also I recommend 9imod brushless servos they're fairly inexpensive, and Stupid Fast waterproof metal case and being brushless don't use much power or overheat. Good luck, D.B.

An RX8 should be able to handle 4S all day long. Are you taking motor and ESC Temps? My gut says you have something going on related to the drive train. I want to say maybe some excessive drag in the driveline, maybe seized bearings somewhere in the driveline? Idk but something is causing your electronics to overheat. Overheating is the only thing I can think of that would destroy ESC and motor rotors both.

Back