losi xxxnt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love my XXXNT. Definitly one of the top 5 in my collection.
But keep in mind these cars are more fragile than a buggy. With 2WD they easily get stuck in places a 4WD wouldnt, and take a bit of driving skill to control as they tend to get squirrely. They were built primarily for racing on dirt tracks not so much for bashing.

Add up the costs of the components you'd need to get this car running, then include the cost of the car itself. I've seen these cars sell for up to, but really not more than $200.00 used, RTR. If you're total bill exceeds that, I'd pass.
When shopping for an engine, you'll need a side exhaust, rotary carb. I recommend a .12 or .15 engine. An .18 will fit but it's overkill in a little car such as this.
I also recommend the Adam Drake edition header exhaust. Best fit and performance I've seen for this car.

Last edited:
I would focus that $60 in a new body for that ofna you just got and other parts you may need for it

I would focus that $60 in a new body for that ofna you just got and other parts you may need for it

Thanks! Good idea!
I just want to expand my collection lol
Its... like an.... addiction.... I can't STOPP!!!
:D

Thanks! Good idea!
I just want to expand my collection lol
Its... like an.... addiction.... I can't STOPP!!!
:D

Focus on getting your rides going and having spares for them......or else you have RC junkyard instead of a garage........at least that's what mine is looking like.

Thats great advice. Smitty I've picked out some really nice pre painted bodies for you to spend your hard earned money on. Get to it buddy.
Your buggy looks like it fell out of a ugly tree and broke every damn branch. Save your old body though for beating purposes.

Last edited:
The XXXNT is a great truck, but if you find yourself wanting a stadium truck, the RC10GT would be a better choice, if for no other reason the fact that you can build an entire truck with brand new aftermarket parts a decade after it has been discontinued. Associated still supports it, too. It was, is and likely always will be the most popular and heavily supported nitro stadium truck. They're quite tough as 1/10 STs go, very well designed, very tunable and totally customizable, including every alloy part you can dream up (if that's your thing).

Virtually all nitro stadium trucks are a near-clone of the RC10GT for a reason.

You can score a 10GT roller anytime for under $100 shipped, too. I have a thing for the earlier black tubs, but the blue chassis is tougher, and would be a better choice for a modernized runner.

This is my black & white shelf queen, one of seven 10GTs I have:

IMG_0437_zps6af5374d.jpg

Last edited:
I like that alot. Looks great. I sadly missed a roller of tha
For like 50 :/
I find all these good cheap deals but dont know what to try to win because I donr know whats what yet lol

The Traxxas Nitro Rustler is another great 2wd ST, I really think they are really underrated trucks. They're not good for a racer, but with a few upgrades they're fun little bashers. Mine is my favorite go to basher, I bash it with Mts and 1/5 scale rigs all day.

Maybe I will have to pick one up someday, but I'm focused on my new buggy(and the thought of building a savage.. well starting lol)

---------- Post added at 3:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:13 PM ----------

And thank you for serving schrode! You have my support!

Tempting as it is, you really should focus on perfecting your buggy first and foremost like the others suggested. Go through that thing inside and out. Inspect and change the oil in your shocks and diffs, fully inspect and clean your engine, replace/upgrade any damaged or missing parts and for the love of all creatures great and small, get rid of that Traxxas AM radio.

You got a lot of work ahead of you Scooter, hop to it.

Yea well I'm open to a good radio!
Id like to know what the cheapest one that does temps is?thats probably my next ourchase

The XXXNT is a great truck, but if you find yourself wanting a stadium truck, the RC10GT would be a better choice, if for no other reason the fact that you can build an entire truck with brand new aftermarket parts a decade after it has been discontinued. Associated still supports it, too. It was, is and likely always will be the most popular and heavily supported nitro stadium truck. They're quite tough as 1/10 STs go, very well designed, very tunable and totally customizable, including every alloy part you can dream up (if that's your thing).

Virtually all nitro stadium trucks are a near-clone of the RC10GT for a reason.

You can score a 10GT roller anytime for under $100 shipped, too. I have a thing for the earlier black tubs, but the blue chassis is tougher, and would be a better choice for a modernized runner.

This is my black & white shelf queen, one of seven 10GTs I have:

IMG_0437_zps6af5374d.jpg

True statement for sure. I only have one, and she's seen 10+ gallons through 2 motors.

WP_20131207_005_zps6d581264.jpg

Last edited:
I like that alot. Looks great. I sadly missed a roller of tha
For like 50 :/

I know which one you're probably referring to. Shauntiques ends up selling quite a few of these on the 'bay, but as I said, if you want a runner, I'd opt for a blue chassis. The black tub is basically just a 10T with the driver side folded in further, and cut out for the engine. They bend easier, and the engine has a tendency to shift and lose spur engagement on a hard impact. They can also crack blocks, as the engine itself is what bridges the chassis brace. Rare, but it does happen. The blue tub, on the other hand, is a 3mm thick 6061 alloy, and the engine mount is a solid piece. Very tough.

This is my first 10GT, bought new in 2001. I originally built it with a Picco .21, but milled a new billet steel engine mount and installed an OFNA Force .32 in it this past spring. The .32 was more than the stock trans gears could take, but with RRP metal gears, she's good to go:

101_1807_zps3a9e5b06.jpg

It is, of course, pretty much useless with that much power. It's either spinning out or flipping over backwards 95% of the time. When it does hook up, though, it behaves like a nasty brushless system, very rapidly accelerating to its 62 MPH top speed.

I also have one I modified into a speed machine with a Novarossi .28-7RT:

IMG_0582_zps36e721ce.jpg

A Factory Team black tub with an HPI .18:

101_1803_zps7d5be78f.jpg

A Factory Team blue tub with an LRP .18:

IMG_0703_zps8421b588.jpg

A brushless converted on made into a desert buggy:

231aaa59-1394-4321-bb1f-3bc145470478_zpsf3762dfe.jpg

And one that I'm making into a 4x4 with some HPI Nitro RS4 and MT2 parts (no pic)

And, of course, it wouldn't be right to have only GT1s, so I had to pick up a GT2 as well (OS .12 TZ in that one):

SANY0138_zps46f61990.jpg

Yea well I'm open to a good radio!
Id like to know what the cheapest one that does temps is?thats probably my next ourchase

Flysky GT3B....it doesn't do temps, personally i wouldnt trust the temp readings on a radio, buy a good temp gun to keep track of that, the GT3B is a great basher radio and they are under 50 bux for rx/tx. I used one for a full race season until i could afford a better radio, for bashing and club racing its a perfect radio for someone getting started.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

and when you expand your fleet the rx's are dirt cheap.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gtr3c-receiver.html

Flysky GT3B.

I cannot agree with this recommendation. I bought two, both failed within one day.

The GT3C, however, has been fine. The charlie model dealt with all the issues of the bravo. It is also more ergonomic, lighter weight and uses a rechargeable Li-ion pack. Can be had for ~$60 these days.

This actuwlly the one I was looking at. The one with the little battery that
Looks like its from a cell phone and drains only at 20db or something lol.
Can be found decent and will probably be my next rx/tx.
And wow on all the trucks there very sexy!
But I want more info and pics on the 4wd!!!
I love modding stuff, I'm a major tinkerer!
You make me want to buy that truck lol

I ran mine for a year and sold it to a local basher and he still uses it 2 years later, maybe you got 2 bad ones, i never had any problems with mine. you could have sent them back for repair/replacement

I ran mine for a year and sold it to a local basher and he still uses it 2 years later, maybe you got 2 bad ones, I never had any problems with mine. you could have sent them back for repair/replacement

After 2 faulty units in a row, I reasonably deduced that I was better off going with something else than buying a third one. When some of your cars are capable of more than 80 MPH, you don't want a questionable TX.

The Charlie model is only $10 more, and improved in every way.

Back