Losi wheel/tire question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a set of Losi 420 series XXL tires that I want to use on a XXL but I dont want to buy the stock 420 XXL wheels. Can anyone recommend a non 420 series wheels that will work with the 420 series XXL tires? Preferably cheap dish wheels would be nice since you can't get the LST2 dish rims anymore.

You have 17mm hexes? If so look at these, or these. I'll check my shop, I think we have a set of yellow dish wheels.

If you have a set of yellow dish wheels that would be awesome. Id buy them. I can get 17mm hex adapters though if not.

I sure am glad I kept the white dish wheels that came on my LST2. I didn't realize how hard they are to come by now.

yeah. It sucks that they stopped making them....Sometimes I wonder WTF Losi is thinking. They discontinued parts that are very well liked by folks for the LST2 and Theyve all but stopped making all the Dynamite hop ups that they used to make for it inspite of the fact that they released an upgraded version off the LST2. o_O

hey 40 series tires fit on 420 series wheels... i would think the reverse works as well.. let me add I got a spare set of yellow dish rims that are 420 that I might part with.

Last edited:
Yes they do. I had losi 420 road rash tires on xtm. 40 series rims.

From what I've heard, the 420 means 40 series w/ 20mm hex. It makes sense to me, they probably had a stoner come up with the name.

hey 40 series tires fit on 420 series wheels... i would think the reverse works as well.. let me add I got a spare set of yellow dish rims that are 420 that I might part with.

Would they happen to be new and either way what would you want for them?

---------- Post added at 9:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:43 AM ----------

From what I've heard, the 420 means 40 series w/ 20mm hex. It makes sense to me, they probably had a stoner come up with the name.
Ahhhhh that does make sense...I did not realize that. Fire it up! :hehe:

Last edited:
The rims aren't new, but I am converting all my LST2's to 17mm. If you pay shipping ill send em for free. the hexes on em are fine.. nothing wrong cept some dirt. Now I am buying peoples old RC boxes. So if you want to send me a surprise empty RC box for my deco in my hobby room that would work instead of paying shipping, either way I'll send it to you without any real monetary gain on my part.

Last edited:
Back