Losi TenT spur gear help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanSusanin

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Ughhh. Love this hobbie. Just as i solved the tuning rubics cube. I go end set the mesh to wide and strip the center spur gear.

I know they discontinued the truck. What can i use as a suitable replacment, or where to find original parts.
Any help would be apreciated. Considering machining one out of aluminum.

Ughhh. Love this hobbie. Just as i solved the tuning rubics cube. I go end set the mesh to wide and strip the center spur gear.

I know they discontinued the truck. What can i use as a suitable replacment, or where to find original parts.
Any help would be apreciated. Considering machining one out of aluminum.

I seen spur gears on ebay for your truck ,but you would have to know what tooth count ,I seen a 40t spur!
Other brands would be Delrin ,Robinson ,or Mip.

Robinson racing makes one for the SCTE10 that will work. Part# 9040. Also regarding your current one, are you confident the spur gear is stripped and not melted? I don;t think a "wide mesh" would strip it. If you lost your mesh (i.e. engine mount or something came loose) that would cause it to strip but if its meshed its meshed.

Based on what you wrote about the RPM stumble in another post, it's sounding like your clutch bell is fouled with grease. This causes slippage, which causes the bell to get extremely hot, which in turn will melt the spur gear.

Hey and if you are unable to tell the difference between stripped and melted post up a pic and I will see. Otherwise, melted spur gears will be missing sections of teeth, where as a stripped one will be more evenly worn

That Ten-T is a funny little truck so I hope you get it all resolved. Remember with parts the Losi 810 is 99% compatible, and the SCE10 is ~40 compatible, so you will be good on parts for a while I would think. Best of luck[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hey and if you are unable to tell the difference between stripped and melted post up a pic and I will see. Otherwise, melted spur gears will be missing sections of teeth, where as a stripped one will be more evenly worn

That Ten-T is a funny little truck so I hope you get it all resolved. Remember with parts the Losi 810 is 99% compatible, and the SCE10 is ~40 compatible, so you will be good on parts for a while I would think. Best of luck
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, it was stripped.
I was able to find a stock replacement from my LHS, also the guy had 98% complete TenT on his bench for sale. I picked it up for $50 CAD. The only things missing were body shell and transmitter. All of the electronics were still inside and functional. The chassis looks like it was never run before, there is some old fuel in tank (will be throwing that out), the glowplug look like it hasnt seen any fuel yet. So with that, now i have a bunch of spare parts, or a brushless conversion waiting to happen.

Man ,I wished I had luck like that!
More than likely ,the truck isn't fully broken in ,an the owner gave up ,those are the best deals!....LOL

More than likely ,the truck isn't fully broken in ,an the owner gave up ,those are the best deals!....LOL
Agree, see to many people buying Nitro without having a clue how much attention they need; Break In/ Tune/ Maintain, and once they run into a little hickup give right up, and call it a crap toy. Lol

I got most of my engines used ,all they needed was leaned out ,as they were still filthy rich in break-in settings ,an
on the verge of hydro lock!....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Here is the Donor Car IMG_20181216_155209.jpg
And here is the, at this moment, perfectly tuned and operational Ten-T.
IMG_20181216_155106.jpgIMG_20181216_155114.jpg

Nice work bench & rides ,also like the plane as I want to get back into flying again ,thnx for the pics an sharing!.....:thumbs-up:

I am going to try to get most of my nitro's back to running condition!...:cool:

Back