Losi tenacity truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah sunk a lot of time and money trying to get the rustler to not break and to handle well. Well I finally got it to stop breaking but couldn't get it handle the way I wanted. Tried a bunch of different setups. It's a squirrelly truck

Well the performance upgrade kit came back in stock today. So I went ahead and ordered it. When I get back from vacation next week I'm going to have some work to do.
New steering assembly with bearings from the scte 3.0, new motor, and the upgrade kit.
Noticed wear on the rear diff cups already. So it looks like I need to order the lightened ones from the scte 3.0
This truck should be a beast when I'm done

Just ordered the skid plates for the front and rear. Dont want to tear up the aluminum chassis.

Picked up a few things for my arrma kraton 4s today too.

Just got home. Installed the motor and steering assembly. Will there are slight differences in the steering assembly. Got it in and it's much smoother and slop free.
Well the turnigy motor runs HOT... I have it geared with the 12 tooth pinion (the 10 and 11 haven't shown up yet) it's the speed I want but dont know why a 3665 motor geared for mid 40s on 3s would run this hot. The drivetrain is smooth and bind free. Like I said the kraton has the same size motor and it doesn't run hot doing over 50 on 4s with a truck that weighs much more. Guess I'm going to have to get the castle 1415 motor (3674)

Just want a truck to play with that wont grenade on me.....

Well it does mid 40s. Going to install a fan with the hope it will help it stay cool. Installed 7k in the rear diff and 20k in the center diff. The 3 and 10 was to light causing it to be twitchy. The small Ackerman bar that came with the 3.0 steering assembly didnt help and with the lighter diff oil. So the thicker diff oil helps keep the back where its supposed to be while still being able to turn on a dime. Lol

Looking at getting a longer 3674 motor. Found one for like $45 that's I believe a 2600kv. (Castle is out of stock) A motor that size shouldn't have any issues running a truck this size 45mph without overheating

Attachments

• 20190707_115429.jpg
    20190707_115429.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Well was changing the radio over to my futaba 4pl and I checked my esc settings. The manual states that it should have been set to 0° of timing but I found that it was set to 15°. So I changed it to 0° and hope that the heat issues was coming from that. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can run the truck to find out.

Well drove the tenacity yesterday. The motor temps were way more acceptably. Still hot but only after a full pack was ran. A small fan would help keep it in check.

Also the performance upgrade kit comes in today!!!
Not going to install the chassis until the skid plates come in. Everything else is fair game

Well couldn't help it. I got a good deal on a 3674 motor. So its coming. Also ordered a savox sb 2274sg brushless servo and mud guards for the rear arms.

Went to install the performance upgrade kit last night and I opened my shocks to find that not one of the shock cap seals are good. They are so small they just float in the shock. They are not big enough to meet the edge of the shock at all. They are all torn up looking. No wonder they leaked........
Also they gave me 11 straight rod ends and one offset. Instead of 10 straight and 2 off set.
Called horizon this morning and they are sendi5me new ends and shock seals. Thank you horizon

Well I couldn't wait. I installed the new 3674 2650kv motor. Installed a 15 tooth pinion. Its running 45mph. It still get hot to the touch but nothing like the 2 other motors. I installed thebarrma fan that goes with the arrma heat sink I installed. The motor is well within its limits now running a full 3s 5300 battery (in grass running the mess out of it)

Also I couldn't wait for the shock seals from horizon to show up so I sealed them with plumber's tape. Worked like a charm. The skid plates haven't shown up yet either so I put duct tape on the bottom so it doesn't get marred up.

I have to say this truck is awesome. I like it more than my kraton 4s and definitely more than the rustler 4x4.

Today's score. The stock outdrives are wearing so quickly. Needed something of higher quality!

My 6 month old gensacearespammers batteries are already going bad. Two of them have a cell going bad in them(gensacearespammers 5300mah 3s 50c) so I ordered the much smaller and lighter smc 5000mah 90c batts. Hopefully they hold up better.

Well looks like it's going to be a long night of rebuilding diffs

Attachments

• 20190720_183806.jpg
    20190720_183806.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 146
The lightened outdrives and center dog bones are 20 grams lighter than stock. They are supposed to be harder too.

Picked up a new body. Took a little trimming to fit. Got 2 new sets of tires coming on Saturday (duratrax six pack mt and bandito mts)

Had to buy the tires as the stock rims striped the hex on 3 of the 4 tires. The nuts were on tight on all of them too. The hex just pushed through the plastic. Guess they couldn't handle the torque from the 3674 motor??? Hope I don't have issues with the new rims.

Got the skid plates installed. Had to heat up and bend the front one to fit the shape of the stock bumper. Before I did it stuck out and would get stuck in the ground(missing a few chunks of grass in the yard)

Attachments

• 20190729_173826.jpg
    20190729_173826.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 20190801_212503.jpg
    20190801_212503.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 196
First set of tires look bad***. Apparently the 1/2 offset duratrax rims are much wider than the stock rims.

can't wait to see how it runs. Need the dang rain to stoo

Attachments

• 20190802_183252.jpg
    20190802_183252.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190802_183344.jpg
    20190802_183344.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 198
Your thread convinced me to buy the tenacity truggy. I've gotten the upgrade chassis, savox servo,and pro line trencher hp's all around by far the cheapest,best rc I've ever owned and I started with a team associated t 3 stadium truck 13 years ago. I was wondering what your run times are my main batteries are venom 5000mah 3s 100c on stock electronics. I have 2 and with luck I can get 30 minutes out of both

Ordered the turnigy 3190kv 3665 motor. Should help with heat. Going to gear it for around 45mph on 3s.
Going to open the diffs tomorrow and see if it has grease or oil. Hope it has all 4 gears in it. Though I did order 2 sets of the scte 3.0 gears.
So how did this motor work for you I just melted a bearing in the stock 3800kv

Mine got way to hot. Pulled it out and put a cheap 3674 2650kv motor in it. It now has tons of power and stays cool

I dont care for the ballooning of the sixpack tires but it's what I have. They really need to be unglued and taped on the inside. Also I found that the drive shaft cvd joints are wearing out. I'm really surprised the driveshafts and cups are made of such soft metal.
My next purchase is going to be the cvds from the scte 3.0.

Also horizon hobbies didnt come through for me. They never sent out the parts. So I spent the $35 to fix their issues. Really surprised that they didnt send it out like they said they would.

With all that said I did order the new db pro. I know I'm going to have to do all the same to it as i have had to do to the truggy but these are such nice driving 1/10 vehicles.

Back