Losi Tenacity DB Pro - What common parts break?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doof2000

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered the DB Pro and seeing this has been out for awhile now, what parts break often or those I should upgrade to avoid encountering issues?
Just want to get stocked up so I bash through corona.
l'm going stock with 3s and downsize to the 15t pinion.

I ordered everything I could that was in stock today for non-gear/drive parts. Should keep me going for awhile until the local stores are back open.

Appreciate the response

I think your gonna find running 3 cell you break a lot more parts than 1 might think Id stay at 2 cells..

I beat the hell out of mine. The only thing I have broke is the top shock mount screws and on a massive hit I broke the front diff case. Oh and I have broke a few driveshafts. I think they wore out more than broke.

I just replaced my driveshafts with tekno ones and installed thicker screws for the shocks. This is the toughest 1/10th I have had.

Just ordered the DB Pro and seeing this has been out for awhile now, what parts break often or those I should upgrade to avoid encountering issues?
Just want to get stocked up so I bash through corona.
l'm going stock with 3s and downsize to the 15t pinion.

I'm in the boat got mine Friday ? to be honest it didn’t look any Different from my SCBE apart from Metal shocks . And the fancy spectrum , The Controller wheel is NASTY!! My scbe has the waterproof receiver box and the higher battery tray bar.
the body shell mine being the lucus oil , feels flimsy compared to my scbe oh the scbe don’t have a light bar . Not run it yet

I have put in some hrs this weekend, absolutely love it, though, the servo sucks. Man for its size, it GOES on 3s!

E-fanatic, I read on another thread you put in Savox SB-2271SG, how did that work out?

There are two things I want out of my old SCBE, I have a brilliant Hi-tec Servo although it’s not W/P it’s torquey and fast, it makes it a joy to drive and the enclosed receiver box as opposed to having it stuck to the side of the Servo. I drive my SCBE with no Traction control features with a 4000kv motor I haven’t tested my DB pro yet I don’t want to cut the Esc plug & all my lipos are deans .

If you look back in this thread you will see that the radio box fits with a little plastic trimming on the side guard. I did both of mine.

Cheers E-fanatic, have ordered, and the losi aluminum 25t horn for good measure, not sure if overkill..

I’ve beat the hell outta mine. Broke nothing but bent some sh!t. Super tough truck. I run mine with a blx 2400 kv on 4s. The diff outdrive cups are soft that’s my only issue. I’m got the scte lightened hardened one which will be going in today

Tekno R/C TKR2210X M6 Driveshaft/Lightened Outdrives Front / Rear Losi SCTE
E-fanatic, hi, I am based in the UK and am struggling to find upgrade parts for my DB pro over here. I have got a strong servo(savox black edition) and sorted out a servo box, do you know what other parts I need to upgrade and if their is a supplier who will export to the uk please??

https://www.eurorc.com/search/?q=Tekno+R/C+TKR2210X+

They are in Finland and have the tekno driveshafts and outdrives. The stock driveshafts and outdrives are very soft. These are holding up much better for me

Install bearings in the steering posts. The bushings get sloppy quick.

Rpm makes very good skid plates for the tenacity pro. Try eBay as i see most of the suppliers in the UK are out of stock.

Also pick up a pair of de racing mud guards. DER-110-10

I have broke very little on the db. Its been one heck of a solid buggy. Though if you plan on really putting it through its paces or if you have a bad crash an extra front gear box is good to have on hand. Also a few extra front shock mounting bolts. I have broken a few from some really hard landings. On my one that I beat on the most I ended up putting the next size bigger bolt for the top shock mounts location. Haven't broken one since.

I upgraded my front arms and hubs to the scte 3.0. The 3.0 has a 15° hub where as the tenacity has a 12°. The arms on the 3.0 were redesigned to accommodate the extra steering the new hub allows.

Also don't forget to get the losi center diff lightened outdrives from the scte 2.0 or 3.0

Awesome, thank you so much, sorry about the noob question, where do I source steering post bearings steering post bearings from??

Any 5x8x2.5mm bearings will fit. You need 4 of them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-054349_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-054349_Chrome.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 461
Back