Losi Ten-T tuning help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked the head bolts to make sure they are tight?
As I always encourage people to do so in engine trouble shooting!
That & an exhaust leak at the header will throw your tune off!....:rolleyes:

It's right where the starter motor is siting against the cooling head. The leak seems to be coming from there. I will snap a shot and post it here Shortly
Ahh got your problem. The 4 screws in your cooling head or loose or dirt got in between the shims causing it to leak fuel. What you need to do is check if the screws or loose. If they aren't take the four screws out and clean the shims.

It's right where the starter motor is siting against the cooling head. The leak seems to be coming from there. I will snap a shot and post it here Shortly
Check these screws are tight

Attachments

• 15405819475021948496215.jpg
    15405819475021948496215.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 86
Ahh got your problem. The 4 screws in your cooling head or loose or dirt got in between the shims causing it to leak fuel. What you need to do is check if the screws or loose. If they aren't take the four screws out and clean the shims.
Thanks. Was thinking to check those next.

I don't think your trouble is that 3.4 engine, I think it's most likely the simple fact you are still learning how to tune. :) I personally am not an advocate for sealing engine or carb parts as it's rarely (if ever) needed....at least in my experience I have a few of those 3.4 engines...I never had to seal any of them FWIW, but they can be finicky to tune.

Hard for anyone to troubleshoot without hearing i but as for the puffs of smoke sounds like the engine's RPMs are stumbling. Check your clutch bell for grease inside (popped clutch bearings). Just something I would rule out based on what you describe. Good luck

I don't think your trouble is that 3.4 engine, I think it's most likely the simple fact you are still learning how to tune. :) I personally am not an advocate for sealing engine or carb parts as it's rarely (if ever) needed....at least in my experience I have a few of those 3.4 engines...I never had to seal any of them FWIW, but they can be finicky to tune.

Hard for anyone to troubleshoot without hearing i but as for the puffs of smoke sounds like the engine's RPMs are stumbling. Check your clutch bell for grease inside (popped clutch bearings). Just something I would rule out based on what you describe. Good luck

Thank you for the input.

Final update for this thread.

Been super busy with work, and had barely any chance to tinker with RC's. The good part is, I finally got the TenT running how it supposed to (minor issue, oneway bearing starting to slip sometimes.) The main issue was that two of four screws that were holding the cooling head were loose. After taking it apart, cleaning and putting it back together TenT fires up within 5 seconds, and its still holding its tune.

Thanks Guys for all the help.

Been super busy with work, and had barely any chance to tinker with RC's. The good part is, I finally got the TenT running how it supposed to (minor issue, oneway bearing starting to slip sometimes.) The main issue was that two of four screws that were holding the cooling head were loose. After taking it apart, cleaning and putting it back together TenT fires up within 5 seconds, and its still holding its tune.

The one-way bearing just needs to be taken out an cleaned with denatured alcohol an q-tip!
Its the oils from the fuel that causes it to slip!

Pop the one way bearing out and hit it with an air compressor, than use less after run oil.

Pop the one way bearing out and hit it with an air compressor, than use less after run oil.

HI, thanks for advice. Although I haven't used a drop of after-run oil in this truggy YET. I run them often they dont sit on shelf, collecting dust, for more than 20 hours or so. The weather is finally getting to point where its time to spend more time at bench building/maintaining rather than freezing appendages outside.

HI, thanks for advice. Although I haven't used a drop of after-run oil in this truggy YET. I run them often they dont sit on shelf, collecting dust, for more than 20 hours or so. The weather is finally getting to point where its time to spend more time at bench building/maintaining rather than freezing appendages outside.
If you have 3 in 1 oil, use some of that. Same here weather is horrible. Haven’t fired it up in weeks. It is very simple to take out the one way bearing, but do not pull the pull cord whilst it is out of the car! The whole assembly will come out and it is a pain to get back in.

If you have 3 in 1 oil, use some of that. Same here weather is horrible. Haven’t fired it up in weeks. It is very simple to take out the one way bearing, but do not pull the pull cord whilst it is out of the car! The whole assembly will come out and it is a pain to get back in.

I have the ROSS on it. Just a joy to have when everything is working proper. Fires up with press of a button not even second turning. Just like a real remote start on my car. All playing aside, thanks for the 3n1, its not the first time I read about that. With the weather like this, I been keeping myself busy building a SCX 10 ii with 1946 Dodge PW, still trying to decide Red/Orange or Something else.