Losi ten scte VS traxxas slash VS team associated

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxrider076

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I need some opinions on this debate. I'm new to electric and what it brings. I am not new to the RC hobby and dirt track racing, so I've seen and been around these trucks awhile now. I just want to know which is the heavyweight champion thats stock RTR.

For racing stay away from the slash. Stock at least. The ten scte and the sc10 are different because the ten scte is 4 wheel drive and the sc10 is not. I believe that you will be able to control the losi better but it will be a little heavier. What do most of the guys at your track run?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

My local track they run mostly the slash and then the big crowd track they run pretty every assortment. Also the SC10 is 4wd check the link they make different verisons of many trucks just have to look for which you want and drive better with..also what you want to pay LOL

This is probably the one i will get.. even though I'm still in a bind between this and the LOSI
http://www.rcplanet.com/Associated_1_10_SC10_4x4_RockStar_2_4GHz_RTR_p/asc90007.htm

Sorry I assumed you were talking about the 2wd slash and sc10 because you did not specify. But as far as losi it AE, I'm a losi guy :)

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Not to get off subject but I have a Nitro Slayer Pro 4x4 & my Friend has a Slash Ultimate 4x4.. I want to race him on our HS off road track he refuses cause he all about speed & said he knows I will beat him on the track.. But he wants to drag race head's up... I think I can still beat him cause I got a 2nd gear in my Slayer... My other Friend said I wont in a drag race cause my Slayer tops out @ about 57 MPH tops & our Friends Slash ultimate 4x4 tops out @ about 62-64 MPH because of the Brushless System... I think I can still take em on driver skill alone.. Because my Friend can't go 20ft with out flipping his Rig & can't drive straight...

I think the slash would win, but back to the subject. Have you made any thoughts? Both are amazing trucks, no doubt!

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

I love the losi its the perfect truck in my eyes.. but the SC10 brings a lot to the table as well.. I havent made a purchase just yet since i have been busy. So if anyone else has an opinion drop a line, more information never hurts the process.

There is a good review (I personally thougth it was a good review) of the SCte and SC10 both 4wd on Youtube. Ultimate RC did the review. I am about to get two SC10's brushed and brushless I will tell you about them when I get them.

Ok I've had the losi scte and its a great performer! The sc10 4x4 is also a good platform! As for a slash, there a great basher! I have a slash and that is all I have found its good for! If ya do the lcg kit to it it maybe better, but from what I have seen the losi and the ae walk all over it! I just sold my scte and got a 22sct, so ya I'm a losi guy as well!

Check out the Tekno sct410, great handling truck with the stock build, a little costly as a kit but very well worth it IMO, i love mine, still running very close to the stock setup.

Yeah i see the slash more as a fun and run time truck and I'm looking for more of a race and performance truck to do races at my local tracks for 1/8th and 1/10th scale.

I just want to know which is the heavyweight champion thats stock RTR.

Of the three, that title really belongs to the SC10 4x4.

That said, if it were me, I'd opt for the Losi. I'm an Associated guy, but I really, really don't like belt drive systems.

As it were, I opted for the Associated Prolite 4x4, been quite happy with it. Upgraded immediately to SC10 4x4 shocks (stock Prolite shocks are crap), put sway bars on it and ditched the stock tires for Proline Calibers. Drove it that way for a bit, then decided to stick 1/8 scale electronics in it.

Rear hub carriers have been a weak link, got aluminum ones coming. I was going through front CVAs for awhile, but that was my fault, as I had mounted the front shocks too far inboard on the arms, and the axles were what was limiting downward suspension travel. Moved the shocks out to the next hole, no more busted axles. I have broken the rear body mount once and trashed the steering servo, have had to replace some of the wheel bearings. Other than that, it's been a solid truck. Considering that I'm punishing this 1/10 chassis with a 2150 KV 1/8 scale motor on 3S and 4S exclusively, I have to give it pretty high marks for hanging in there.

check out the Tekno sct410, They are dominating everywhere indoor and outdoor, i own one, hands down best 4x4 sct i have driven, and that most on the market, very smooth build and has a great setup by the book. only drawback to them is they are on the heavy side for a SCT, I was making same lap times as 1/8 buggies at the last race,running a Tekin RX8 and pro4 4600 kv motor, they do much better with the tekin hd 4300kv motor.

Back