Losi LST vs savage SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toscano1

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been contemplating selling or trading my Savage SS. Just put in new 4.6 motor, RCS Roll Cage, CVec PIpe, spider gears, ofna Linkage etc... and a couple other hop ups. Is the Losi a comparable Truck ? Would appreciate some insight.

I have them both and would reach for my SS before I reach for the LST to go bashing.

Busting arms on jumps and ending your day tends to sour you. RPM is coming out with LST arms which hopefully will take care of this problem.

The LST is a good compliment to the savage but it is not a replacement.
secondly why loose all your money in a trade just buy a LST . In my opinion the MGT is very similair to the LST and is alot cheaper .

I have a savage and a sweet azz lst but its an insult to say the mgt is similar to the lst, the mgt is a toy compared to the lst or savage for that matter, you need to do your research on the two trucks, start w/ the suspension and just keep going they aren't even in the same class! the lst can be a good basher w/ some extra $!

I will prevent myself from responding like a 12 year old , sounds like I guessed your age, and will respond like an adult . I have the luxury of owning all three so I can make the comparison and feel that in the end these trucks are just people personal preference . There isnt one truck far superior to the other . They all do thing differently and you have to decide what you like to do with your truck but I will give you my opinion
Savage : simply the bash king
MGT is a very well balanced truck and will out bash an LST in its stock form
LST : this truck is good but it being so good is its problem . It just does not backyard bash the way the other two trucks will . I am not discussing the track just bashing a truck in its stock form . The LST likes to be driven not specifically bashed.
I have numerous trucks and depending on what I want to do that what I grab . All of this VS this is silly . We all like different trucks for different reasons . If you like your LST be happy . Pull it next to my Picco 26 ,savage Mach 26 extended Chasis
or my 8 port 21 MGT and I will crush you .I do it all the time .

To clarify what I meant by similiar . The MGT and LST are set more as racers than bashers as far as chasis design . Have you ever owned a savage or MGT ? I dont have to read forums to know what I am taking about . I buy them to decide what I like and dislike . To call a MGT a toy indicates you never had one . It is one tough MT. Finally for the record . I have more down time with my LST than the MGT while jumping . Associated never had to send me free parts Losi did 4 CVDs and a motor rebuild .

I'm not here to argure but hahahahahahaha, first the mach .26 was a factory defect in the LST and BEAT me wait you said crush me w/ picco what, mach what!!, hyper .21 I didn't even know they still made .21's hahaha!Not in this life buddy you're gonna need more than that, am I being to cocky I hope not!ok gotta run and damn I do feel 12!

I would send you a picture of mine but I dont own any purty trucks .
If you lived in NJ I would meet you tonight . Having a big motor means nothing to me if you have to spend half the time trying to control it and keep it off its roof . There is no balance in just having raw horsepower and all the bolt ons you have to buy to support the power and all the broken parts because of it .
You make my point though. I was responding to a question a person asked regarding stock vehicles . You decided to take a shot about a comment I made regarding the MGT . Here is my question . What is stock on your truck ? Secondly you still havent said if you have ever owned or driven a MGT to make your comment . Most people asking this vs arent talking about your truck . they are asking about what you get out of the box . Finally all the parts and power in the world doesn't matter if you can't drive and if I put that much money into one truck I would thinks its the greatest thing since slice bread as well .
Finally the people on these forums are asking for our opinions . That doesn't give you the right to attack me or the vehicles I like . If you took a savage and put all that stuff you have on your truck on it . It would still outbash your truck . By the way nice truck

MaxxFX I am throwing in the towel . We both have better things to do. Lets take this back to the original question . In stock form what is the better truck , Savage 4.6 or LST ?

I've seen the mgt and driven, in my OPINION the shocks a crap, engine is not near the mach .26 and radio equipment thats obvious its more money yes but well worth it, two steering servos I mean they did their homework and even if I didn't own one I would still be giving it props!I do have a savage remember!

I too have an MGT and an LST and 2 savages and as txque said they are completly different animals. The MGT is a sweetheart to drive with the stock TT 21 that comes with it. Easy to tune and the added benefit of the dual starting system. As someone else said the radio system leaves much to be desired with the MGT. The shocks are easily blown out and the A-arms break easily. Now having said that I love my MGT for what it is, and has been slightly upgraded with a Hyper 8 port and RPM arms. The shock problem has not been addressed for the long term but in the short term I have added some shocks from an Ofna buggy to supplement the stock shocks. I also changed to the Associated red springs to give it more help. I also swapped the radio for a Futaba 3PDF.

My LST is the brute of the family. Fantastic Radio, Mach 26, Hi-Lo tranny and dual steering servos. Now my LST had the washer from the factory and I grenaded the engine before finding out about the washer so it now has the Sportwerks 26 in it. I have changed to the yellow springs for more rate and will order some RPM arms for it as well.

The savage is well...savage. A bear to work on but you seldom have to. The stock radio is ok and works flawlessly but it is very basic. The Savages I have came as 21's but Savage #1 has the Ofna Hyper 8 port in it. It has the RD Logics CVD's which are the same as Hot Bocdies CVD's. And that is all the hop-ups it has. #2 is in a state of flux waiting for me to decide how crazy to go with it.

The MGT is a great basher and I love driving it. It holds a line well and has a great way of soaking up the rough stuff. I like the way the chassis is laid out and it is easy to work on. The LST is also easy to work on and handles nicely. The LST suspension is great also. I bash my LST all the time and it does break but it is worht the trouble as it is the best driver. My Savages are like tanks. If I am going to try a really silly jump or something stupid, I reach for the savage as I know it has the best chance of survival.

To rate them I would say

Suspension;
Winner LST with MGT and the Savage tied for second.

Radio;
Winner Lst with the Savage in second and the MGT at the rear.

Stock engine;
As I do not have the Savage 4.6; and the new LST's shipping without the washer;
Winner Lst with Savage 4.6 a close second. MGT in the rear

Durability;

Savage, nuff said

I hope this helps you out as I am not used to writing a novel but I wanted you to hear the opinion of someone who has all 3 trucks.

Ok guys thanks for all the insight. well the LST never panned out and I sold out and opted for a REVO...

Four wheeler I remembered two days ago . I am in the LST furom . The Lst is a state of the art truck Losi really did there homework .that doesn't mean there arent other trucks out there that are just as good for different reasons. The Lst handles real rough terrain better than any and the hi low is great . But like you I can grab what I want to do what I want . The funniest thing for me though is in the end he bought a Revo . Again another very well rounded truck . Its better than the Tmax but still dont hit anything to hard .
Maxx FX , I am coming to Florida in June or July . I will pack my trucks . I never saw a 30 run so I am very curoius . No one I know will buy one . The Picco 27 is the new rave .

Hey regardless of the outcome I respect anyone in here and am still a friend to everyone I love the hobby and its really all in fun!!!!!!! :cheers:

i own a hopped up savage and standard lst, and i like the lst better, dont know why this is, i just like driving the lst more ,

Keep the Savaga and get the LST. As was said the LST will not replace the Savage durability and beatability or bashability.