Losi LST vs savage SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not read any of these responses. The savage is durable I owned a very hopped on but it was just a basher and nothing else. The LST with a set of RPM arms in stock form will kick the savage's ass. I have an LST 2 ( in the mail ) but I am more than confident that it is 10000 times better than the savage. I am bash my trucks on the local rach track here so I want a good all around truck.

Personally, I'd rather buy the 2006 Ford Cobra GT 500.. but then I would have to get a job. :ponder2:

i have a t-maxx 21 with a mach 26 ,revo with 0s18tm,clod buster that now a clodzilla,savy 21 ,lst 2 in the mail and every truck has there pro and con, so let just have fun with them:banana:

just go revo lol much better then them all i have them all and to say what truck is better is revo no holds bar.

For all that just want to put there 2 cents in when the thread calls out for certain rides... Go REVO, GO this go that. In respect to the thread starter, help them out by giving imput on what is asked. Anything would be a suggestion. I have BOTH of these rides. I love BOTH of them. Yes as said already, every ride has their pro's and cons. That is whay you upgrade.A true RC hobbyist will want to get more out of their RC. Heck I do and still want more!
IMO in stock form the LST is a better handling ride.The LST suspension just soaks up big ruts and bumps. THe Savage on the other hand tends to be shooken up some but still goes. TOP speed IMO realy doesn't matter much after 5 minutes of speed runs. Accelleration is what counts. THE GRUNT!!
Yes I agree the LST has issues with the arms but UPGRADE!!!The Savage has issues as well like the linkages, the tank position, TVP's bending, poorly designed Radio box,etc. The LST has the Arms, shock shafts breaking, weak diff cases, HiLo selector, hexes, etc. Whatever! Just please think of what you post before instead of post something like... GET A REVO ITS JUST BETTER!

Jon2

i also have a savge revo and losi lst 1 and 2. i would keep the savage and save money on parts when getting the lst. my lst always breaks i ran them both equal amounts of time and was bashing the both equally. The savage came out whole "they are both bassically stock" while the losi broke a differential case and many other parts.

HELP'''''' My LST wont shift

Any one have this problem. New lst all stock, About 20 tanks of fule through it. I run it between 250-270. Rpms, are right there. Let me tell you what i had to do. The stock gears whore out right away. Replaced them with titanium. ok i gues it isnt all stock. So i pulled out the 2nd gear clutch and the 2 allen head screws where out to far, at the factory setting of 5 turns. So i cut 2 loops off the springs put it back to gether and backed the screws out 5 tuns, then 6 turnes then 6 1/2. Still wont shift. No it isnt stuck in 2nd gear. it has too much rip off the line to be in 2nd.

Even though it dosent shift it still kicks ass at the track.

Also i herd that the Mac 26 has a washer problem, What is that all about?

THANKS
BIRD

LST Mack 26

I have a new LST with the Mack 26. What washer are you refuring to. I hear that it munches your engine. I dont need that.

The washer mentioned is not there anymore for the later production LST's What number is located on your Receiver box? I checked mine and it doesn't even have it. If you are modifying the skipper assembly you are asking for trouble if you are not sure of what the result is supposed to be. I recently got the TiNi gears but have yet to install them. I am looking at what other options I could do as strentghening the drive train for the OS 30 engine I hope to have soon.

As far as your temps. I would not personally drive at the temp. Have you sealed it with RTV silicone?

LST tranny wooooos

The recever box no-LST013957 What can you tell from that?

The part i modified is no-B3404 2-speed clutch shoes. The reason i modified it, the two allenhead screws holding the clutch shoes together extended out past the clutch enough to rub on the clutch bell assembly. this drag wore out bouth spur gears at the same time aswell the clutch bell gears. As far as i can tell this is the only part that shifts my truck. So if this modification dosent work i will replace the 2nd gear clutch.

Are you sealing the carb only? no not yet

THANKS
Bird

Last edited:
The receiver box tells you the production number it is. I beleive you are safe. From what I have read the initial 1000 had the problem and was cured soon after.

Interesting on your clutch. Did you take it apart and found it was defective? Mine shifts strong all the time. What have you taken apart? The slipper. What shoes are you using?

LST tranny wooooos

I havent run my truck since the last modification to the clutch. I cut one more circle off the spring, so i can turn the set screw out a half more turn. As far as i can tell I am the only one with this problem. I'll figure it out. I hope sooner than later, we have a rode race coming in three weeks. This will be the first race with this truck.

Well i will be running my thuck tomorrow, I'll let you know if it shifts.

Hi guys,

I noticed this is a savage VS LST thread.... does that include LST2?

I own both LST2 & a Savage.
Personally.
i will take the lst2 out before the savage any day of the week.
feels FAR better to drive,
more power,
better handling,
takes jumps better,
air control 110% better,
JR FM Radio Rocks compared the HPI's,
Lighter truck.
Lower centre of Gravity.
comes with a 6v battery pack, Lasts ages
the big shocks RULE!!! works MUCH MUCH smoother than savage.
high and low range 4wd, great for fun, pulling, hill climbs etc.
2 speed on the fly gearbox, MUCH smoother and direct than savage.
dual steering servo's,
Reverse,
Dual brakes.
CV's,
The list keeps on going, (Most of it you can do to a savage with hop-up's but then, your cost will be far greater)
in stock form the LST2 is a far better buy,
yeah you can spend the extra money on a savage, beef it up in the area's mentioned, then spend the same money on a LST2 then compare em again......

The savage is a great truck.
but after 5 years... the new trucks are starting to make the savage look it's age, even the savage X is not that much better,
everything just pans out smoother with the losi,
but you pay for it,
Say you went out with $1100 to spend,
$1050 for my LST2 > Excellent Truck if you bash you will need a Dynamite Engine Support Brace $15 ( i have already spent $300 on mine love hop-ups, can't leave anything stock).

$700 for my Savage > Spend the extra $350 on it, might become better....

I've spent over $1400 in hop-ups and repairs on my savage in the last 2 months (truck cost not included, thats how old the truck is) and i'm STILL waiting for it to become half the truck the losi is!

And yeah, my LST2 outlived 2 hopped up savages during a my last bash. 15ft high jumping, flat landings! hard dry Aussie Dirt! almost as good as concrete.
LST2 still was perfect by the end of the day. (but the STOCK engine support brace broke on the last jump, still drove around fine, just no more big jumps)
My savage and my bro's savage could move no more! i'm still finding missing and broken bits on it!

LST1 different story. have a few issues but yeah, easy to fix.

Anyway guys all my opinion. What ever you buy, you WILL end up with a good truck,
research. think about what you want to do with a truck - race\bash.
don't just buy a particular truck coz half the world owns one.
get one that suits you,

My opinion only. No wars ya'll.

One of the best posts on this type of thread.

slw4red said:
Anyway guys all my opinion. What ever you buy, you WILL end up with a good truck,
research. think about what you want to do with a truck - race\bash.
get one that suits you,

My opinion only. No wars ya'll.
You are right on point.

I have the LST and it rocks as well as my Savage. I love both but both have their ups and downs.

slw4red said:
get one that suits you.

Hell yeah. Get it because it suits you. Research is the key here. One RC may not be the best RC for you.

I bought a savage 6 months ago because they had no LST2's in stock and had a ball learning how to jump and maintain nitro r/c's. Recently i have purchased an LST2 on ebay and am in the process of getting it run-in.
Now my best mate bought a Losi at the same time as i got my savage and whilst we both did the same sort of stuff i liked his better because as a novice it was far easier to work on than the savage.
Dont know much more yet cos i havent bashed the LST2.
Oh yeah and the battery box on my savage shits me to tears every time i have to open it.

The LST has a few ways of mounting the RX Battery pack. Since you have the LST2, I recommend to just run it. It is a stronger truck than the LST1. Arms are beefier and the CVD's are as beefy as 1/8 buggy ones and are now 20mm if you got it that way. Remember the 420 rims are able to use all 40 series tires.