Losi LST issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynacopas

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys I got a new to me LST. It has some LST2 upgrades like the aluminum pieces in the spur gears, shocks, etc. My issue is its eating up 2nd gear spurs. The mesh is good with low gear. And everything seems okay. It just eats up about 60% of the teeth width wise. So it leaves like a ridge acroos the tooth of the gear. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

could the engine be sitting sideways? letting the low gear mesh be ok and the second gear mesh be off, i only had one of these trucks and its been a while, there are alot of Losi MT guys here that can help you out

well I got the motor bolts loctite in. I did put one of the tini gear sets in it yesterday. The stock clutch bell lasted a minute and it was toothless. The description told me it needed a hardened clutch bell. I knew it would destroy it eventually but no that quick.

When I had that problem with my LST2 its because I have bearings either seized up or not free spinning in my transmission. It was creating so much drag that the clutchbell was heating up to the point where it was essentially making the plastic spur gear soft from the heat and then the clutch bell would just break the teeth right off. I ran though a bunch of spurs and clutch shoes before discovering the cause.

Back