Losi Lasernut to hit 60+ mph with normal heat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee1one1975

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all! I just got back into the hobby (been since the 90's). I'm looking to get a Losi Lasernut Tenacity U4 2.2. I want it to go 60+mph wit normal heat but don't know what gear combo to use. I heard that this can be done! The Lasernut has a 1900kv 130 amp esc combo on 4s. It definitely has the suspension to do this (may need a new servo though) Does anyone have any suggestions? I was told that I don't need to up the esc and motor to a 2000 series/150 amp.

So when you say Normal heat you are talking about esc, motor on rc?.I think that might be the cliff your gonna have to jump.( you can get the speed youd like but it wont be able to run for any long periods of time. its a drop a battery in run it a few time bring it back in to cool down.Whats the gearing of rc? pitch .spur sizes. Smallest.. 60 on those stock wheels.ok you do know at around 35 your wheels will start to elongate and do whats called balloning...Id swap your wheels.go to smallest spur.id like to start around 40 ish ..45 would be great. 45 /28 that will hit your 60 might even get you to 75(lol)..

So when you say Normal heat you are talking about esc, motor on rc?.I think that might be the cliff your gonna have to jump.( you can get the speed youd like but it wont be able to run for any long periods of time. its a drop a battery in run it a few time bring it back in to cool down.Whats the gearing of rc? pitch .spur sizes. Smallest.. 60 on those stock wheels.ok you do know at around 35 your wheels will start to elongate and do whats called balloning...Id swap your wheels.go to smallest spur.id like to start around 40 ish ..45 would be great. 45 /28 that will hit your 60 might even get you to 75(lol)..
So
I asked if I would have to change the tires on another platform and I was told they were fine. I kinda thought that wasn't correct. I believe the spur is 44-46? Also Normal heat meaning while doing normal neighborhood races without the motor overheating. (I have a DB Pro and a Typhon that can run all day without this but they all have 3500kv) I'm still new to this so trying to figure it out how to that Rock Racer to go 60+ without it getting too hot like it would if u speed run.

whats the largest pinion you can get on that motor?. what do you have to test the 60mph ?gps. speed gun?

Not sure. Its not out yet. I was told to put a 21t on it. Out of the box it goes 50+ I believe. I just want it to go faster without changing the esc and motor if possible without overheating it. I'm wondering if it is even worth it since I have a DB pro. (Even though the Lasernut is different and awesome looking lol.)

Back