Losi DBXL-E 2.0 tips and upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I was wondering what these trucks need right out of the box. The only thing I’ve really seen mentioned is the weak servo arm/servo saver. I’d love to get some thoughts and recommendations from someone who runs one. Thanks!

🦗 🦗 🦗
Nobody? I thought these were pretty popular trucks. Am I in the wrong forum? I’m assuming 1/5 is considered large scale…. Would like to hear some pros and cons. I know some of you are out there! Thanks.

Yo, @Greywolf74 Want to share? Inquiring minds are gathering spurious results in other corners of the interweb…

Yo, @Greywolf74 Want to share? Inquiring minds are gathering spurious results in other corners of the interweb…
Sorry man. I've never owned a DBXL-E 2.0. Wickedfog thought you were talking about the Losi XXL2-E which would be all up in my wheel house. The only 1/5 scale I own is a Kraton 8S. Most of the 1/5 scales owned in this forum tend to be either 8S Kraton, Xmaxx, or the HPI Baja/Rovan Baja.

Sorry man. I've never owned a DBXL-E 2.0. Wickedfog thought you were talking about the Losi XXL2-E which would be all up in my wheel house. The only 1/5 scale I own is a Kraton 8S. Most of the 1/5 scales owned in this forum tend to be either 8S Kraton, Xmaxx, or the HPI Baja/Rovan Baja.
Gotcha. Thanks anyway. I’ll try posting in Electric RC’s and see what happens. Someday I might be back here, I’ve been missing the smell of nitro for awhile now…

Gotcha. Thanks anyway. I’ll try posting in Electric RC’s and see what happens. Someday I might be back here, I’ve been missing the smell of nitro for awhile now…
We have a lot of electric owners but not a wide range of 1/5 scale owners. Be careful if you go over the the large scale RC forums, They only consider 1/5th scale gassers as legitimate "large scale" RCs. If you go over there posting about electrics youll catch hell.

We have a lot of electric owners but not a wide range of 1/5 scale owners. Be careful if you go over the the large scale RC forums, They only consider 1/5th scale gassers as legitimate "large scale" RCs. If you go over there posting about electrics youll catch hell.
This is true. Same experience on that forum. Guess you have to smell bad and go slow to truly be considered large scale.

I have two original dbxl gassers that I've converted to brushless. I have not replaced a single part on either of them...and I've had them for eons and run them hard. I am not a jumper. I have a nib dbxl e 2.0 that I'm going to start preparing for spring. I can keep you updated on my experience/impressions.